super sound deadening

Afternoon all.

Spent abit of time removing the casing and sound deadening from around the super charger yesterday and boy does it sound good :). How much it reduces intake temps like some others have stated i don't know but sure it has some placebo effect.

Has anyone else done this yet??

Good luck its not the easiest thing in the world especially if you got big arms. How you planning on doing it? .

I thought of taking that deadening out was just worried about the heat from the Turbo affecting the paint??

I used this to do it dude.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90571

Things i would say is

its easier to remove the airbox as it allows more light in

also makes life easier to get the case out.

for the top clip my arms were to big to get it from underneath so opened the clip with trim tool and wiggled it from underneath.

I tried every which way possible to get it out whole but defo no chance of that so did cut it.

The only bit you can't remove is 9 as this requires removal of the charger.

Let me know if you need any more info.

You didn't do it from underneath then, you went from on top? (I expect somebody to come up with a pun for that one...)

Did you just take out the foam or remove the case from the supercharger entirely?

Cheers for the info.

You didn't do it from underneath then, you went from on top? (I expect somebody to come up with a pun for that one...)

Did you just take out the foam or remove the case from the supercharger entirely?

Cheers for the info.

We would never make a pun about someones choice... but I suspect that you are lazy then x);).

Seems like there is alot off insulation to get rid off.

We would never make a pun about someones choice... but I suspect that you are lazy then x);).

Seems like there is alot off insulation to get rid off.

In the task being described I see going underneath as a bigger effort than going on top for this one ;) Ha!

In the task being described I see going underneath as a bigger effort than going on top for this one ;) Ha!

That depends ofc on your gear, if your not too handy with then you could take the easy way x).

That depends ofc on your gear, if your not too handy with then you could take the easy way x).

This could go on all day. It's always good to get her to scream louder ;) (the supercharger that is of course! :rofl: )

Haha yea I'm sure this could end with a few being thrown about.

Refer to the pic on page 2 of that thread. I completely removed parts 2,4,5,6,7. Foam and case. I pulled all the foam out of 9 aswell. Couldn't get casing out as needs charger removing. May be able to cut it out but far to awkward for my clumsy hands.

I jacked the car up. Reached from underneath to do the bottom two clips.

Then from the top feel your way along the top of the casing till you find the clip.

Then with the trim tool or flat blade screwdriver will do wedge the clip open.

Then back under the car reach up and gently wiggle it free. When i say wiggle i mean yank it as hard as you can haha.

If you've got slim arms you may be able to get the top clip from underneath as the guy in the thread does.

When its loose i used a dremmel to cut it into 3 strips and removed them from on top.

This can be extremely frustrating and time consuming so make sure you leave a few spare hours.

Everybody loves a screamer ;).

And to get back on topic (see what I did there, heeeh?) I was out and feeling around for abit (yes, naughty naughty zoot).

Hard to get her to let go after that you've been inside, but you just gotta use abit off force when you're pulling out...

I can feel the 2 clips from topside, but problem is to bend them off.

Probably should be able to get a screwdriver inside there...

(FYI, my fiancé just read our convo and she can't stop laughing... someone is easily amused!)

It will make the supercharger sound better + it wont get as hot without the insulation.

Less heat = less wear and less powerloss (in theory).

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk