Help with BCM upgrade

I have had front fog lights retro-fitted, wired and coded to my FL Octavia by Ben @ shark performance but unfortunately they don't work. We were both flumoxed by this but after some digging around the net it would appear that the problem may be that my current BCM (1K0 937 084 D) is the basic model and does not support fogs. The following I found on a VW golf forum..

C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Labels\5K-09.lbl

; 1K0-937-084.CLB (Basis - Supports NO Fogs or Xenons)

; 1K0-937-085.CLB (Lowend - Supports NO Fogs or Xenons)

; 1K0-937-086.CLB (Medium - Supports Fogs but NO Xenons)

; 1K0-937-087.CLB (Highend - Supports Fogs and/or Xenons)

It looks like, and please someone correct me if we are barking up the wrong tree here,that I need a 1K0 937 086 or 087?

Maybe someone with a FL Octavia (non VRS) with front fogs could confirm the BCM unit they have?

Is the BCM a difficult thing to upgrade? is it expensive? OH and would the CAN-Gateway need uprading too?

Last BCM I changed was about £400.

It's not difficult to physically change but needs coding to car etc.

I was thinking something like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Steuergerat-Komfortsystem-Bordnetz-1K0937086D-/360370551843?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item53e7c23c23 just need to know if it is the right BCM, hence the question to current owners.

Can anyone with a non VRS FL Octavia with front fogs do a quick scan and tell me what BCM part Number they have please? I'd like to get this sorted.

Cheers.

• 8 months later...

I can see, that this thread is a bit old, but I´m currently working on a similar project with my O2FL 2011. My BCM is a 1K0 937 085H, and does not support foglights or DRL. You need a XXX-087 unit, and you should look for the apperance of the pins for the lights. Pin 25 in plug A is for the left foglight, pin 25 in plug C is for the right - and the DRL´s is 48 and 49 in plug C (left/right).

Did you solve the problem?

• 1 year later...