boost pressure

Any body know what boost pressure the tsi is running on super and Turbo chargers as standard and when mapped ??

ask the likes of REVO or shark mate. i for one have no idea as i havent got the logs for mine eyet

Edited by janner_Sy

I was hoping you would reply as your mapped already haha.

Both Turbo and super charger are rated at 1.53 bar and Max boost pressure is 2.5 bar at 1500rpm as standard according to a website.

Just curious as I'd like to fit a boost gauge and no what limits i need.

Would it be possible to fit a boost gauge to both chargers??

Edited by P1TT8ULL

I read out the boost through OBD2 (Torque installed on Android-phone) and mine peaks at 1.4 bar.

Supercharger is pretty steady aroun 1.2 bar, so you should be safe with a gauge for 2 bar imo.

All this is according to OBD2, it might be wrong but there is a hint atleast!

1.4 bar on a petrol turbo? Hell! That is quite some boost pressure. For comparison, the stock boost on the PD130 vRS is 1.3 bar and that's a diesel which always has higher boost pressures! I think the octavia vRS 20vt only pushes 0.8 bar? to achieve 180hp from the 1.8

1.4 bar on a petrol turbo? Hell! That is quite some boost pressure. For comparison, the stock boost on the PD130 vRS is 1.3 bar and that's a diesel which always has higher boost pressures! I think the octavia vRS 20vt only pushes 0.8 bar? to achieve 180hp from the 1.8

1.4 bar is the stage 1+ software I'm using... My old SAAB was pulling 1.55 bar (315 bhp) so I don't think the boost is a problem x).

I know you could use just the one but thought it might be a bit different. Any chance of a pic of where you would take your feed from??

Depends on if you want the negative pressure aswell...

I am a lazy man, so I figured that I could fit it here :

15589-224377e86b2c63fa17f5fac2faf6f11c.jpg

This way, you'll only get the positive pressure :

Hope this helps!

I always thought petrols ran higher boost? As you read about The turbo on a petrol spinning much faster which I assumed would be higher boost

A diesel-engine is usually more rigid and sturdy in its design, so you can usually run higher boost from a diesel.

That's why they usually have more torque! (easy way off explaining it)

Edited by Confide

I thought the high torque was a result of the high compression, as a mapped people with same or higher boost still won't have as much torque, completely different set ups really lol

I thought the high torque was a result of the high compression, as a mapped people with same or higher boost still won't have as much torque, completely different set ups really lol

Like I said, it depends on lots off things!

But the general rule is the higher your boost is, the more torque you'll get!

You usually do it on the Blowoff-valve (atleast that's what I've been doing on my earlier cars) but haven't checked them valve on this car...

Heard something about it not having vacuum there but instead having a cable (?)...

Anyone with some ideas?

• 6 months later...

Thread resurrection :wonder:

Have my ACTUAL boost values for the stock, shark and jabba maps. All hardware is consistent throughout all logs. Ive kept the bost scales and RPM the same to make it easierr to compare the boost curves :thumbup:

Will compare these to my hybrid map as well once sorted. Ive also asked hurdy to post up his REVO boost graphs as well.

Std Blue = Actual Boost. Red = Specified(requested) Boost

Peak at 1.21Bar(17.5psi) @ 1600rpm. 1Bar(14psi) from 2700-5300rpm dropping to 0.62Bar(9PSI) at the redline.

Untitled.jpg

Shark Stage 2 Blue = Actual boost. Orange = Specified(requested) boost

Peak at 1.65Bar(24psi)@ 2700rpm to 1.5Bar @4520rpm before dropping to 0.96Bar(14psi) at the redline.

Sharkstage2boost.jpg

Jabba Custom Blue = Actual boost. Orange = Specified(requested) boost

Peak at 1.4Bar(20psi)@2310rpm. Dropping gradually to 1 Bar at the redline.

JabbaCustomboost.jpg

Be interesting to seewhat everyones is putting out. Particularly how much different tuners request and weathe ror not they are able to meet the requested boost

As said in other thread its a very valid point, however

im only about 50-75m above sealevel(and im ontop of a hill). Whereas you live in the mountains 2500m above sea level so your absolute pressures wouldnt be comparable, but once you subtract air pressure then were on a level playing field.

The average air pressure around me is 1000-1025mBar, so i have just subtracted 1Bar from the above for my actual boost.

None of that is actually any relevance anyway. All the logs were conducted in the same conditions, temperature altitude etc etc so they are relative to each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know anything about increasing length of the wastegate vacuum pipe so wastegate takes longer to build up pressure an thus to open as it has to fill more pipe. i have been told its old skool by garret turbo guys but just wonderd if this would upset the ecu

• 6 years later...

Hi,

This boost pressure chart is made with a 1.2TSI (CJZ) 110Ps engine. 2000 and 6500 RPM. Began in 2000 at the 3-speed acceleration. At 5000 rpm, the car is getting worse than the turbocharger and the boost pressure drops roughly to half. This, in my opinion, is not entirely normal.  The units of measure PSI. Can anyone help me with that?

31890674_1714436768602068_8351197404627730432_n.png