Norfolk bound

marcusfordus

Watch out if you are out and about in Norfolk/Suffolk/Lincs/Notts this afternoon. Seventeen (Sven for short) is coming home.

Seems ages waiting, but two and a half weeks is nothing compared to a full factory order, I suppose we fell lucky, right price, right colour, and the right spec.

Pictures when we get home :thumbup:

Watch out if you are out and about in Norfolk/Suffolk/Lincs/Notts this afternoon. Seventeen (Sven for short) is coming home.

Seems ages waiting, but two and a half weeks is nothing compared to a full factory order, I suppose we fell lucky, right price, right colour, and the right spec.

which dealer are you getting it from?

Congrats marcus..............make sure you take the LONG route home :giggle:

which dealer are you getting it from?

We're on the 9am train heading for the dealers at the seaside, the kids have never been on the train before, so it's one big adventure trip for them.

G.Y. here we come.

We're on the 9am train heading for the dealers at the seaside, the kids have never been on the train before, so it's one big adventure trip for them.

G.Y. here we come.

Be Simpson's then :giggle: bought an Octavia from them back in 06; very good dealership experience.

Enjoy the new Monster :)

TP

So was the reg no by choice or a lucky coincidence?

Nice plate though, where did you get it done?

My choice of plate designation.

Plates made by funplates (google funplates) half a mile from me, which was nice!

My choice of plate designation.

Plates made by funplates (google funplates) half a mile from me, which was nice!

Ta

Sorry to put a dampener on things but I hope that you only use those plates off road.

Sadly they are not road legal for more than one reason and you might find yourself being pulled over. The reasons are the 3D effect lettering, the lack of plate manufacturers or dealers name and postcode, and the extra Skoda logo and footprint are also a debatable addition. The flag is ok.

It's a shame because it looks good but the boys in blue are getting ever hotter on this. Sorry :'(

It's a shame because it looks good but the boys in blue are getting ever hotter on this.

Easy crime to detect and looks good on the monthly solved crime stats no doubt :wonder:

Oh and it brings in revenue for the Chief Constables xmas bash :D

Or am I getting cynical in my old age :smirk:

TP

The 3D effect is allowed.

A number plate must be marked with the British Standard Number, manufacturer and the name and postcode of the supplying outlet.

For all we know this information is on the plate.

Granted, the footprint and Skoda logo may attract unwanted attention :giggle:

I'd be very surprised if the owner of that rather nice red Yeti doesn't know they are show plates...

Do we really have to have the same posts and discussion every time someone posts a picture of a vehicle on show plates?

It's not big and it's not clever, but every day I see dozens of cars on illegal plates on my travels. The police seem to do absolutely nothing about it and so more and more I see every month.

Maybe they have something more important to do?

Or maybe I'd just like the forum to lighten up a bit...

He bought them from a place called "funplates" for heaven sake. :dull:

And what's happening in Norfolk?

I see one Yeti a month on average, then I went to Norfolk and saw three in two days! :o

The ACPO guidelines suggest that provided the plate is legible at the driving test distance (25 metres from dim memory) and the characters are not distorted or spaced so as to misrepresent the registration (we have all seen attempts at this) then officers should use their discretion not to prosecute.

I have had a series of bikes and cars with plates which do not precisely match the full regulations and in over 20 years have never been given a ticket.

If a policeman gives a ticket for lack of BS stamp, postcode of supplier or any other trivial reason he or she has either come across someone who has failed the "attitude test" or isn't worth his or her status.

A current example:

IMG_3797.jpg

I am told it lacks the BS mark, the makers postcode, is undersize and should be on two lines to match current motorcycle regs.

It is however clear, legible and does not misrepresent.

nor did this on my old Seat:

IMG_0732.jpg

Nor this:

IMG_0597.jpg

A techically illegal plate does not matter and provided it is clear and legible ought not to be the subject of police attention.

I thought the OP's plate was and is a splendid thing.

UK legal letters, font and size. BS stamped

Can the ANPR read mine, yes 100%. B)

My trailer and bike carrier both have "normal" plates and hitch up to the back of the car quite a bit, so dependant upon what day it is, my custom might not even be visable.

The reason for the recent clamp down on dodgy number plates is down to the recent expansion of the ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) system fitted on major routes and in most traffic cars.

My front number plate is chipped, cracked and stained where dirty water has run down past a few of the characters, eligible to you and me but who knows if ANPR can read it or not?

Mine although not technically legal are perfectly legible for cameras and ANPR. Some of the rules have nothing to do with that -or anything much of use.

The idea is that fake, cloned, plates could be controlled by insisting on the makers ID being marked on the plate and plate makers only producing plates with production of the V5 or "certificate of entitlement". A document trail could therefore trace any plate to it's maker and to the person who bought it from them.

The internet means that system does not work. Like many other regulations it makes life a bit more difficult and expensive for the scrupulous and is not subscribed to by anyone else.