1,8TSI 4x4 DSG

ents

Hei. Having ordered almost full spec 4x4 manual 1,8TSI my dealer just send me information that 112kw 4x4 DSG is also coming to Estonian market. I for sure am going to change my order tomorrow :rofl: What about other markets - are they also getting it?

Edited by ents

Yes please. I think many on here (including me) would be VERY interested in such a beast.

When i was ordering my car about 2 month ago I had info that it is only intended for limited markets (Russia etc). Fortunately factory had a change of mind and included my tiny country :smirk: Thats why I was wondering if other (big) markets get it also...

PS. Sorry for my awful english...

Edited by ents

If you could that would be great. Bit strange that it has got the 6 speed twin wet clutch gearbox rather than the later 7 speed system, especially since it's the 150PS rather than the 160/180PS 1.8TSi engine.

By the way, your English is fine.

Edited by Allams Skoda

If you could that would be great. Bit strange that it has got the 6 speed twin wet clutch gearbox rather than the later 7 speed system, especially since it's the 150PS rather than the 160/180PS 1.8TSi engine.

By the way, your English is fine.

This was my initial reaction also about gearbox. But as 7-gear seems to have a lot more problems, I'm happy to go with a 6-speed one (my tuned Seat Leon also has the same box - no problems with it what so ever)

Thank you for posting that. Most interesting. Strangely it shows up something I had never noticed before about ALL the cars gear ratios... Fourth and fifth seem almost identical ratios. Can anybody comment on that, or correct me if I am wrong?

Edited by freedie

1.8tsi 4x4 DSG.

mmmmmm. I might be tempted next time, and with a remap it would be awesome emoticon-0140-rofl.gif Just depends on the kind of mileage I'm doing at the time, and where, and what the fuel consumption is.

here is a link... hope it helps: PDF Docs

Its in german and czech but You probably get the picture :)

Had this been available, I would have probably gone for this over the 140 Diesel DSG 4*4. Although the DPF hasn't caused me any problems yet, I do a lot of short distance urban driving and it is always a nagging worry. The only slight diasadvantage of the 1.8 TSi DSG 4*4 would appear to be the rather poor fuel consumption (judging by the high CO2 output shown).

Ents,

What is the price compared with the 2.0 Diesel DSG?

This is the important bit I dont know yet... But I hope it will not be very significant raise over manual 1,8TSi... Dealer promised to get me info ASAP. Orders will be open from week 45 (among other changes). I hope to be one of the first ones with this combo :rofl:

PS. I too really hope that MTM, ABT or somebody makes remap available as for the 118kw manual. There are really huge power gains for that engine.

Edited by ents

Thank you for posting that. Most interesting. Strangely it shows up something I had never noticed before about ALL the cars gear ratios... Fourth and fifth seem almost identical ratios. Can anybody comment on that, or correct me if I am wrong?

You are right about 4th and 5th looking to be almost identical ratios, not only that but looking at those figures 5th will be a higher ratio than 4th so would effectively be a downchange. Very strange indeed.

Ian

There are really huge power gains for that engine.

I'll say.....The 2.0 tsi is a very similar unit and that can be made to push out 600+bhp emoticon-0140-rofl.gif - the Skoda vRS thus equipped managed 227mph on the Boneville flats last friday, breaking the previous record by 11mph!

what i am little bit worried about, as I studied these, is that in gear acceleration (elasticity?) is really weak compaired to manual -

1,8TSi manual vs 1,8TSI DSG

60-100 km/h 4/5 5/6 (gears) 10,0s / 12,5s 12,3s / 16,7s

80-120 km/h 4/5 5/6 (gears) 10,9s / 14,0s 13,9s / 18,5s

That is quite a difference isn't it? :doh:

Edited by ents

I'll say.....The 2.0 tsi is a very similar unit and that can be made to push out 600+bhp emoticon-0140-rofl.gif - the Skoda vRS thus equipped managed 227mph on the Boneville flats last friday, breaking the previous record by 11mph!

well... lets stick to remap for now :D

The 1.8TSI DSG has been highlighted on the ETKA system for some time and came in with MY12. As stated the box is 6 speed transmission code NCN.

The TDI 140 has a differant transmission code, currently NJC which is the third code used in the vehicles history so far. Due to change again at WK45/11 to NMD.

Sales codes are;

5L73PX = Yeti Experience 1.8TSI DSG

5L72PX = Yeti Ambition 1.8TSI DSG

5L71PX = Yeti Track 1.8TSI DSG

Regards,

TP

Interesting post.

So I guess the "200" and "250" in the gearbox specifications are the NM limit?

But if the 1.8 get the same as the 140TDI then it would definitely be fine in torque limit, and offers lots of remap potentials.