Yeti website shows better colours!

Well I be never. Wonder if these will ever make it into the brochure? They are better than before but alas are still computer generated and not of real cars. WHY?! My car is NOT pink as this sample suggests. And that Mato does not remotely look like Muscovado!

And may I remind you this is the SUK site yet all the names like Platin and Mato are the Continental colour names. Again why?

http://www.skoda.co....es/default.aspx

White:

9P9P_CandyWhite.jpg

Corrida Red:

8T8T_CorridaRed.jpg

Pacific Blue:

Z5Z5_PacificBlue.jpg

Brilliant silver:

8E8E_BrilliantSilver.jpg

Cappuccino:

4K4K_CappuccinoBeige.jpg

Mato Brown:

1M1M_MatoBrown.jpg

Terracotta Orange:

0H0H_TerracottaOrange.jpg

Russo Brunello:

X7X7_RossoBrunello.jpg

Lava Blue:

0F0F_LavaBlue.jpg

Malachite Green:

0G0G_MalachiteGreen.jpg

Aqua blue:

3U3U_AquaBlue.jpg

Platin Grey:

2G2G_PlatinGray.jpg

Black Magic:

1Z1Z_BlackMagic.jpg

All the same car/base photo, with all the colours photoshopped in using matched colour codes :giggle:

Those of us old enough to remember car brochures of the 50's and 60's will recall pencil drawings and water colour infill with Paris fashioned ladies with immaculate hair

Half a centre later and we still do not get to see there real thing!

• 2 weeks later...
A bit dark but I like it.
Super colour in itself but, like all dark colours, does not make the most of the B-pillar styling.

Have to agree, a bit dark. I much prefer the lighter colours on the Yeti. It shows off the styling more.

Another "Doom Blue.":(

It certainly looks far more doom in the other picture:

p1030510.jpg

I'd never buy something that dark that would need so much cleaning, but all in all I like it.

Super colour in itself but, like all dark colours, does not make the most of the B-pillar styling.

I agree.

The lighter colours make more of a show of the distinctive shape of the B pillar.

Wonder what the dark coloured cars would look like if all the pillars were in silver or other light colour to accent them?

Calling photoshop gods...

It's like the Citroen C3, the one with the shark fin style B pillar.

The light, bright colours show this off very well and give the car it's unmistakeable identity but with dark colours the C3 looks too much like every other hatchback.

I agree.

The lighter colours make more of a show of the distinctive shape of the B pillar.

Wonder what the dark coloured cars would look like if all the pillars were in silver or other light colour to accent them?

Calling photoshop gods...

It's like the Citroen C3, the one with the shark fin style B pillar.

The light, bright colours show this off very well and give the car it's unmistakeable identity but with dark colours the C3 looks too much like every other hatchback.

+1

And exactly why I don't like Yetis in any colour darker than my Steel Grey! Most cars have a chrome lip around the glass or at least at the bottom. The whole point of that is to visually maintain the window line on dark coloured cars... The Yeti does not have chrome there so you know what happens when you paint it dark. The shark fin all but dissapears. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

• 1 year later...

Colours in the Brochure do not match colours in the showroom and Storm Blue does not seem to be available (again). Rosso Brunello is more of a brownie red than the wine red it should be but then I think most of the metalic colours for the Yeti range are too dark and do not show off the vehicle to best advantage. Must be a VAG thing because Audi and VW seem to suffer from the same problem.