Who's changed their exhausts then?

apmaman

Has anyone here changed their vRS exhaust to something more sporty?

I'm wanting a bit more noise, the odd pop and a bang but nothing over the top. I heard miltek were due to bring out one soon but I cant find anything about it.

Guess I should mention I have no idea what I'm actually looking for, de-cat? Whats this? I dont own any cats. So how can I de-cat a catless man!

Been looking the t'internet but this seems to be the best skoda forum so I'd imagine the best responses lie here...

Sorry is this is a fairly silly question but I'm pretty cluess. My modding experience goes as far as a K&N Filter and some new light bulbs and mud flaps.

As far as I am aware the only exhaust out for a vRS at the moment is made by Supersprint. There are datails and pictures etc on the REVO website (they are a re-mapping company). It looks quite good but there is no way it will be as cheap as £250 -more like 2-3 times that I would imagine.

A de-cat is a bypass pipe that effectively cuts out the catalytic converter to increase flow and boost power. Works well but would fail an MOT test.

Milltek have an exhaust in development I think for Ibiza cupra and maybe polo GTI -I asked them a couple of months ago about the fabia and they said they had no current plans to develop one. Hope this helps!! :thumbup:

Have modded mine aswell, but I have taken another route to damnation. Simons sportssystem (simons sportexhaust) is what I'm using and it's working fairly well :

And if you are after sound, get an conical airfilter and pipeing so you don't suck in hot air.

I've used the Forge CCI-kit, but I found that it didn't do much to improve the sound.

My car with K&N-intake filter sounds the same...

Have modded mine aswell, but I have taken another route to damnation. Simons sportssystem (simons sportexhaust) is what I'm using and it's working fairly well :

And if you are after sound, get an conical airfilter and pipeing so you don't suck in hot air.

I've used the Forge CCI-kit, but I found that it didn't do much to improve the sound.

My car with K&N-intake filter sounds the same...

Sounds pretty good, if you threw in the odd pop and bang that would be what im after.

Doesn't the stock airbox reduce hot air intake as it is? I though replaceing the stock filter with a K&N etc was a bit pointless compared to an induction kit which actually give you a bit more oomph.

Sounds pretty good, if you threw in the odd pop and bang that would be what im after.

Doesn't the stock airbox reduce hot air intake as it is? I though replaceing the stock filter with a K&N etc was a bit pointless compared to an induction kit which actually give you a bit more oomph.

The standard-filter is really restrictive. But you won't get any noticeable sound from that (as to compare with a proper exhaust-system).

You won't get a exhaust-system for 250£ tho...

If you refer to the fart from the exhaust when you shift up it's there alright, listen at 0:39 and you hear a "brmph".

The stock airbox is reducing the hot air, but you get ALOT more noise with a open-air.

Gotta find pipeing that works properly for it, not the easiest tbh!

Might look into it...

Anyone have rough prices for the Supersprint exhaust? Might give them a phone if nobody know's yet. I'm assuming it's about £800-£1000?

Edit: Answered my own question. HJS = Sports Cat.

Hoping our good friends at Shark could fit the whole system if it was bought...:D

See I found Fox exhaust on Awesome gti but I think they are for the non-vrs models and they've got a full system for £200 so might tight-fisted scottish mind though, an extra £50 for the vrs should be alright..

I guess a sports cat is one thats just legal, letting the most flow through as possible, rather than a de-cat which is none at all so max flow?

Sports-cat = good cleaning off the exhaust when it's hot or cold, okay flow

Race-cat = good cleaning off the exhaust when it's hot, excellent flow

Decat = no cleaning at all, excellent flow.

You should only go for the last option if you're really cheap and cant afford a proper racec-at ( which can be found with ease for less then 2000 sek / 220 £ ).

Makes your conscious feel abit better to!

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Edited by Confide

Sports-cat = good cleaning off the exhaust when it's hot or cold, okay flow

Race-cat = good cleaning off the exhaust when it's hot, excellent flow

You should only go for the last option if you're really cheap and cant afford a proper racec-at ( which can be found with ease for less then 2000 sek / 220 £ ).

Makes your conscious feel abit better to!

Off topic, I noticed that when you broke heavily your brake lights started blinking like I've seen on other cars. Is that standard or had to make some modification.

Off topic, I noticed that when you broke heavily your brake lights started blinking like I've seen on other cars. Is that standard or had to make some modification.

Standard, have a video on youtube describing that too :-).

IF it's not enabled, you can use vcds to get it!

EDIT : here's my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/portoguisen2k?feature=mhee

The video your looking after is the one called "demonstration off flashing brake-lights".

Edited by Confide

Almost £700 for the Sports Cat! :|emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Entire system comes to £2000 almost. That's that out the window then....

I don't think even a group buy could get that down to something respectable. Hoping Miltek can produce something cheaper!

Well, I had a group-buy going for a complete system for 1k excl. freight.

Since there was more interest in bashing rather then buying, I closed it.

Cba really with working for free for whiners =/.

700£ for a cat :o?!?!

Your getting ripped off, for a 200 cell-catalyst with metallic core (Euro-4 certified) your paying 995 sek here in sweden.

With the ceramic 200 cell sportscatalyst costs around 1990 sek, but it's still alot cheaper O.o!

Edited by Confide

if you use your car every day on normal roads

worst way to go in my opinion , if you are living in a 3rd world country sure no1 cares if you drive your car like this every day but here in germany if you get cought with a decat system you are going to loos your car permision and they can sue to up to 5000€

i`d say race cat if you dont have problems to get/keep it hot (heat tape is your friend here )

or a good sports cat .

(Euro-4 certified)
well the fabia VRS is euro-5 certified. and the HJS cat costs around 900€-980€

but for racetrack use only i`d say decat .

if you use your car every day on normal roads

worst way to go in my opinion , if you are living in a 3rd world country sure no1 cares if you drive your car like this every day but here in germany if you get cought with a decat system you are going to loos your car permision and they can sue to up to 5000€

i`d say race cat if you dont have problems to get/keep it hot (heat tape is your friend here )

or a good sports cat .

well the fabia VRS is euro-5 certified. and the HJS cat costs around 900€-980€

but for racetrack use only i`d say decat .

I know the car is Euro-5 certified, but for a race/sport catalyst to be Euro-4 certified is kinda impressive still!

And that is from cold ;).

There is no performance-gain for going decat compared to a racecatalyst (on a 300 bhp 2.3 liter saab it showed a gain off 1 (one) bhp, meaning that it could have been a bad pull the first run).

The car was still "road-legal" with the racecatalyst (it had other mods that would have made it illegal) so I still don't understand why you cheap out that way :).

Milltek one for the Cupra is about £1100. Which is more suitable price. A group buy further down the line and we might be able to get the vRS version for £1000 or under.

Did I hear someone say they were lending Milltek their car for development or have Milltek got their own?

• 1 month later...

Company made the exhaust and he used the FOX silencer with it?

Sort of like what Mij exhausts claim to do in UK.

Sounds very good though. Not noisy whilst cruising but bit of noise whilst hoofing it. :thumbup:

Edit: Just heard the last 20 seconds, sound like a fart from the inside :doh:

that was the first Prototyp exhaust made by Fox , as soon the Development is done you can purchase it on the Fox page.

Sound seems pretty nice as the exhaust is only katback with only 10 miles on it .

will upload a vid of mine when i got my turboback in about 2 weeks .

• 2 months later...