Yet another spare tire thread ...

EZ_lo

Hello everyone in the Yeti corner!

I am new here, and for several hours fresh and proud Yeti owner :)

I opted for a version with emergency repair kit only in order to get the full trunk capacity available. But I am also thinking of equipping my SM with spare wheel myself. The point is - to get the smallest possible (spacesaver).

Could you give me any suggestions? What sizes are permitted by manufacturer?

(edited: spellcheck)

Edited by EZ_lo

Welcome to the group EZ_lo.

I have the 'gunk' instead of a spare tyre, but I'm sure someone here will have the info you're looking for. :yes:

Hello everyone in the Yeti corner!

I am new here, and for several hours fresh and proud Yeti owner :)

I opted for a version with emergency repair kit only in order to get the full trunk capacity available. But I am also thinking of equipping my SM with spare wheel myself. The point is - to get the smallest possible (spacesaver).

Could you give me any suggestions? What sizes are permitted by manufacturer?

(edited: spellcheck)

The dealer supplied spare is a 195/60 R16 on a 16" rim. See The Plumbers excellent tyre & rim Guide in the Technical section.

A couple of us here have fitted proper "skinny" spares.

See page 2 of this thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/160480-real-full-size-road-wheel-as-spare-wheel-will-it-fit

tom

Thank you. Very informative. Somehow I have missed that thread ...

Gotta find myself a 125/70/R17 and this styrofoam boxy-thingy then. On the other hand I have seen this way of fastening it in the trunk. Seems to be useful as well.

(photo courtesy of user of Polish Skoda forum)

Edited by EZ_lo

Thank you. Very informative. Somehow I have missed that thread ...

Gotta find myself a 125/70/R17 and this styrofoam boxy-thingy then. On the other hand I have seen this way of fastening it in the trunk. Seems to be useful as well.

That's a neater setup than mine. Been looking for a spare wheel cover like that for winter when I will carry my full size winter spare wheel.

Looks like it would be good to have both solutions and choose the more useful depending on what you are willing to carry in your trunk. Apart from that the latter seems to be cheaper.

And you probably can find similar cover (even custom made for your wheel size) somewhere between D and F bays :D

Looks like it would be good to have both solutions and choose the more useful depending on what you are willing to carry in your trunk. Apart from that the latter seems to be cheaper.

And you probably can find similar cover (even custom made for your wheel size) somewhere between D and F bays :D

This exacty what I have done. Spare wheel option now. When I want to carry my bicycle I make boot to standard. Also will do in winter as well when carry full size winter tyre.

This exacty what I have done. Spare wheel option now. When I want to carry my bicycle I make boot to standard. Also will do in winter as well when carry full size winter tyre.

So I will follow your path, Master :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I am bringing this thread back to life (for a while at least).

I asked for some info in Spare wheel assembly thread, but it seems that not too many chaps are visiting the Technical Guides corner.

Anyway - could anybody explain the part numbers of those styrofoam inserts that support the floor of the trunk?

There are 3 of them: 5L6 858 857 A,B,C. But in this diagram:

vagcats

when you click the "44" number there are 5 options:

5L6 858 857 A,B,C,D and 5L6 858 856 A.

Do you know if any of them is a complete set of three?

TIA

Hi,

857 A,B & C are the original boxes, 857 D is possible a change to the design of the right rear box (removable one) associated with the amended 2wd optional tool kit arrangement which came in with MY11. Google translate Russian to English uses the word set for 856 A :wonder:

TP

Thank you - I more or less read and understand Russian (компл.=set), but wanted to have this info confirmed. And "обшивка" does not fit there for me :rofl:

The additional data there is: "Ñправа Ñпереди" (right middle), "Ñправа Ñзади" (right rear), "лев." (left), so it would make perfect sense. But - does the complete set have the new version of the removable box (hope so)?