Very short delivery date - opinions sought

lookingforit35

I've placed my order this wek for a 1.4 SE, with just a couple of options - heated front screen and ESP.

Oddly, the leasing company we use through work telephoned today and said they would expect delivery in "mid December". I'd actually rather wait until the new registrations in March, and had really only placed the order this early at their suggestion (and by taking a keen interest in forum members' experiences!) as they originally quoted up to 6 months lead time.

Opinions please! Are they being hopelessly optimistic? Perhaps they have been given this date by the supplying corporate dealer - Helstons(?) somewhere in the West Country I believe - and have taken it as gospel, not knowing the "slippage" that seems to occur?

Eager as I am to take delivery, I dont want to pay a penalty for the early return of my existing lease vehicle, or even get into awkward converstaions with them about this.

Your opinions on the delivery date are much valued.............

I've placed my order this wek for a 1.4 SE, with just a couple of options - heated front screen and ESP.

Oddly, the leasing company we use through work telephoned today and said they would expect delivery in "mid December". I'd actually rather wait until the new registrations in March, and had really only placed the order this early at their suggestion (and by taking a keen interest in forum members' experiences!) as they originally quoted up to 6 months lead time.

Opinions please! Are they being hopelessly optimistic? Perhaps they have been given this date by the supplying corporate dealer - Helstons(?) somewhere in the West Country I believe - and have taken it as gospel, not knowing the "slippage" that seems to occur?

Eager as I am to take delivery, I dont want to pay a penalty for the early return of my existing lease vehicle, or even get into awkward converstaions with them about this.

Your opinions on the delivery date are much valued.............

If it's Lombard they use Carrs at Bridgewatger (Helston Group) give Gordon a ring - he looks after 'fleet' sales and he will tell you exactly when (or if) the car will be delivered.

Lombard told me 4-6 weeks initially, it took 7 months !!