vRSy's Mk2 Fabia vRS project and build

vRSy

You are going to strip the car back to standard, get the oil issue checked and sorted, get the car built back up and continue devlopment then possibly strip it back in a few months to sell it and buy a bigger and more practical family car?

I like your style. :D

I might still be keeping it. Might just buy a second car instead and make this one stupid instead lol.

That's what I did.

Seemed to make more sense and it's always nice to have a toy. :)

I think that DSG senses not torque itself but the slippage and temperature. Therefore it is worth considering some other clutch disks.

• 2 weeks later...

Alex is fine now.

AKSTuning have had my car the last week to develop the rear lateral brace and also fit the poly bushes which were from a group buy they were running.

VWRacing/Racingline are runnign with the coilovers, engine mounts and big brake kit

APR are running with the Stage 3 hardware/software, intercooler and exhaust modifications

id love to drive my car, but im about 7000miles away at the moment. Im not back in the UK until septemeber, and thats only for a fortnight

I'm considering dropping the coilovers from my mod list from VWRacings current works on my car. For a start they are not exactly cheap and the car is still predominantly a daily driver.

Im thinking of just fitting springs for the minute instead and tbh engine mounts, springs, rear ARB, rear lateral brace and poly bushed suspension will still make for a pretty sharp handling car. Then ill just upgrade the dampers at a later stage I think.

Plus the missus is giving me a hard time about the amount of money im forking out on the mods lol

Plus the missus is giving me a hard time about the amount of money im forking out on the mods lol

I thought you were getting done on the cheap-cheap due to letting them use the car for ages for development?

• Like 1

I thought you were getting done on the cheap-cheap due to letting them use the car for ages for development?

Define cheap?

Consider what im getting done.

Coilovers, top mounts, Big brake kit, Intercooler, Poly bushed suspension, engine mounts, Turbo Back Exhaust, APR stage 3 remap, DSG remap, LOBA LO270 Turbo, Intake, 2nd car service.

Thats over £8000 worth of mods at RRP.

Obviously im getting a good discount for being the development mule but im still paying out a pretty substantial amount of money. I would have done it all eventually and ended up paying alot more for it, this way means i get good value. More than i originally planned to when i bought the car or what we originally planned with APR/VWR because i keep adding stuff. Probably more than what half the value of the car is, which is why im getting a pretty large amount of stick from my wife.

Hence me thinking i could ditch the coilovers for some springs and save myself a good £600-700, and treat her to a holiday to keep her sweet instead

I must have misunderstood your earlier posts, as I thought the companies were keeping the car for a fair amount of time and giving you huge discounts to help them get their products up and running.

I must admit I thought you were only paying out a few grand, so I couldn't see what your wife was getting excited about.

Probably I partly misread and partly didn't understand because my wife doesn't care at all.

• Like 1

Cheers mate.

Have some details on my new intercooler.

Frontal area is 32% larger than stock(2.1% more than the pace products cooler) and the volume is 90% larger than stock (29.8% larger than Pace products intercooler).

I could have run the new intercooler with the Pace radiator, however i've chosen to remove it because i cant sell on the Pace cooler without the radiator as they come package together for fitment purposes.

So to limit the coolant temperatures when using the stock radiator im going to make a few changes to how it runs.

The oil is cooled via the radiator coolant, and since the oil temps regularly get upto 120-130degrees on track id guess it has alot to do with the high coolant temps, so ill fit a 13 row oil cooler to limit the oil temps to 82-90degrees. Plus ill be using Water Wetter race coolant. It wont be as good as the radiator but it will be most of the way there i think.

So ill have a Pace Products Intercooler and radiator for sale very soon as well as the decat OEM downpipe. Anyone fancy going straight to stage 2.....

I just had pictures of the old FQ400 which was lag lag lag lag lag boost!!! However your turbo isnt as large as that one was. It will be interesting to see what it makes at the end of it all. Have you anymore plans to uprate the internals or are the standards going cope?