Yeti 2

prodata

Anyone care to speculate on when a Yeti 2 might appear? I'm presuming that Skoda will feel that the Yeti has been successful enough to merit a facelift/follow-up. (Although is it more likely that the first/next follow-up will be a stretch version rather than a revamp of the existing format?)

What's Skoda's traditional form on timetabling facelifts?

Think what I would personally be looking for are more powerful engine options, hopefully coupled with DSG. If the Q3 can provide 211bhp with - from memory - 179 or less CO2 AND with DSG then obviously this combination is doable for a Yeti format vehicle. But just can't convince myself that I could live with the Q3 styling. Of course there's no guarantee whatsoever that a Yeti 2 would have anything other than a similar range of engines to the current Yeti models, though that said the 1.8TSi must surely be getting close to retirement soon.

Facelift is due end of 2013. Expect it to get the MissionL nose.

VAG model cycles are now roughly 6 years and the Yeti came out in 2009, so the Yeti II should be out end of 2015.

Sounds like you want a Yeti VRS! That would be the same engine on the GTI Golf and the VRS Ovtavia.

I guess a facelift would come in after 4 years of introducing the car - so 2013. Given that most of the Skoda lineup works on similar time frame. I think it works out to be around 8 years per completely new Octavia model 96-04, 04-12.

I'll bet on it being end of 2013 too.

My cars are on a 3 year contract which always seems to expire just before new models are available.

This one is due to end in July 2013 so expect to see the new yeti available to order soon after I have collected my new car!

Just saw this on the CAR magazine website:

http://www.carmagazi...-MPVs-two-SUVs/

So Yeti facelift in 2012 and the new one out in 2015. So facelift is closer than we thought!

And you will also see in there that the rumoured Yeti Combi will in fact be a whole different Yeti that is Passat sized (coming 2016) and NOT Touareg sized as has always been mooted.

I remember there was a recent post of what might the Yeti 2 look like - basically a Tiguan side with a Kia front.

I found two more, but oh my, they are ugly - http://www.autobild....9193.html#bild5

and this

yetiii2.jpg

YUCK!!!!!!!! And both images totaly disregard the Yeti's black A and C pillars and shark-fin B pillar. Doh.

But hideous both indeed.

This one is a bit more successful in keeping the trademark Yeti foglights and using the correct MissionL design cues with a more square headlight arrangement and the badge being on the bonnet... The ones above still had the "old" chrome strip either side of the badge ABOVE the grille.

BUT this render also ignores the A, B and C-pillar treatment!

yetiii.jpg

This one is a bit more successful in keeping the trademark Yeti foglights and using the correct MissionL design cues with a more square headlight arrangement and the badge being on the bonnet... The ones above still had the "old" chrome strip either side of the badge ABOVE the grille.

yetiii.jpg

I like this one the most, but can't see me changing for some time.

New beasty will be here for a 12plate and I'm going to be making a real effort to stop changing cars so often.

• 3 weeks later...

In the December edition of CAR magazine (the one out now with the new Land Rover Defender on the front cover) they show this image of a possible facelifted Yeti:

yetiii.jpg

Finally a rendering using a REAL Yeti as basis!

I like this one the most, but can't see me changing for some time.

New beasty will be here for a 12plate and I'm going to be making a real effort to stop changing cars so often.

Looks like someone swiped the grill off a Kia Cee'd

yetiii.jpg

It is like VW Tiguan with MissonL face. I'll hope that Skoda can make their own new Yeti desings. The group recycling is economical, but...

It is like VW Tiguan with MissonL face. I'll hope that Skoda can make their own new Yeti desings. The group recycling is economical, but...

It looks as though this design has 'lost' the square back which, as so many have pointed out, makes it possible to pack a lot in the smallish boot.