Remember to highlight your talking about Yeti's

The Plumber

<br />what on earth has been going on? I really don't see the issue either. When I log in I click on the link to show new posts. Then I scan the topics and open any that look interesting. If I'm short of time then I just browse the yeti topics. Simple really. <br />

<br />

I don't really understand what all the fuss has been about.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

maybe not everybody does this, and just bookmarks the Yeti section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOBODY is better than anyone else on here (except spammers :giggle: ) If you own a Yeti / Superb / Octavia etc people generally are not jealous of you - they bought the car THEY wanted /needed, some people need to get a grip and realise this!! There is no reason why we can't all follow the same rules and get on together.

Well said.

I came to this Forum because I was thinking of buying a Yeti. I looked elsewhere, but the only other UK based Skoda Forum at that time did not include it (and still doesn't)

When I log on I first go to the Yeti section, and then may look at all the others. Certainly I have posted on one another model's section because I noted a title I thought I could help over. However the one thing I would never do is go there and slag anyone off about their choice of vehicle. That is a choice someone makes to fit in with their needs and life style. Unfortunately there are those here who think they have a right to criticise my or our choice, often it seems just for the fun of it, and often when they most obviously have no experience of the Yeti.

Someone has mentioned that Yeti owners never seem to attend local meets. Well I bet there are plenty of other owners of other models who don't either, but I don't note them being criticised. Also it is worth noting that the actaul numbers of Yeti's sold in the UK is actually quite low, and I doubt that less than 1% of them are even members here, or know of BriSkoda's existence. Personally, if there was anything local, I might attend, however I am not that interested in looking at other peoples cars. However if there was a good reason behinmd the meet I might think again. I have already run one event for Yeti owners that would not have been suitable for the majority of other members. By the comments raised elsewhere here today, was I wrong in doing this?

Yes I have now looked at http://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/ but the numbers there are very low, at present, but I can see that if the current negativety against us continues then that can only grow. Personally I think that would not be a good thing for this Forum in general.

But I don't actually think there is any negativity against us. Some people have taken the hump at the rules of the forum being applied all of a sudden to the yeti section and that has caused some feisty debate, but general negativity? I don't think so.

Really!

Try looking in the "It's all kicked off" thread, or the "Yeti forum tidy up discussion". There is a great deal of negativity from a few members I could name.

EDIT

Try looking at posts #42,60, 98 & 101 of thee last thread I mentioned!

Really!

Try looking in the "It's all kicked off" thread, or the "Yeti forum tidy up discussion". There is a great deal of negativity from a few members I could name.

EDIT

Try looking at posts #42,60, 98 & 101 of thee last thread I mentioned!

also look in the fabia and octy forum lots of non related posts that have not been moved. this has ruined a good fun forum that helped a lot of new owners (don't think i will be renewing my freedom next time :p )

Yeah just found that. There also seems to be a perception that yeti owners seem to think fabia owners are knuckle dragging inbred types, but that seems to have come from a furby owner! I still find the whole thing bizarre. The mods are right to bring the yeti threads into line with the rest of the site but there seems to have been overreaction left right and centre including some unhelpful baiting of yeti owners, presumably to try to pour petrol on the flames.

"KEEP CALM AND HAVE A CUP OF TEA"

:-)

also look in the fabia and octy forum lots of non related posts that have not been moved. this has ruined a good fun forum that helped a lot of new owners (don't think i will be renewing my freedom next time :p )

I just did and apart from one tyre thread the mods seem to have been doing the same there.

But I don't actually think there is any negativity against us. Some people have taken the hump at the rules of the forum being applied all of a sudden to the yeti section and that has caused some feisty debate, but general negativity? I don't think so.

Really!

In my ignorance and innocence I had no idea that Yeti owners were the subject of such vitriolic and unpleasant disapproval by some other Skoda owners and enthusiasts. A couple would seem to class us / me in the way plague victims were regarded. Having just typed out my initial observations and possible explanations regarding some of those who've posted in the past few hours or so I've decided to delete them as they would only inflame the situation. But it's opened my eyes, I have to say. I wished I hadn't seen the posts and remained blissfully unaware. It won't stop me enjoying my Yeti and won't prevent me from buying a Fabia or Octavia if the need arose but I will view Briskoda in a new light having sat here and seen the disposition and temperament of some fellow Briskodians. And I will concede that there were a couple of comments made by Yeti owners that could have been phrased better but the impartial observer is likely to find the vast majority of deeply unpleasant comments have been incoming, not outgoing.

I'm not at all sure I want to remain here having seen what's gone on today, but will, for the time being, absent myself from any conversations in the foreseeable........surely enough has been said and it's now time for some healing to take place.

Staff are simply tidying the forum as if you look at the 1st page, how many if those removed ARE Yeti specific? No one have BT or car taxing issues unless they.own a Yeti?

Sorry if this doesn't sit well, but the purpose of model specific forums isn't for general chit chat and never has been. The Yeti forum is no exception to this long standing design.

gadgetman says he is sorry it it doesn´t sit well?

Well I am too, my reason for beeing in here has been to learn about all things Yeti AND the general Yeti chit chat.

This forum used to be fun, its not anymore, at least for me.

I have never used the other parts of the Briskoda forum, when I log I go directly to the Yetipart.

Its not because I do not like Octavias, Fabias and so on, my interest has been the Yeti and Yeti related stuff,

very much including Yeti chit chat. I really love to read the good advice and the funny stories, more often than not

in the same post.........

People like The Plumber and others has been very important to my life here on the forum, when they leave

its not fun anymore, life is more important than beeing über serious all the time.

I have tonight removed the Briskoda sticker from my Yeti, I will also ask to have my name removed

from the Freedom members list.

The way this forum is beeing moderated now remainds me of how some countrys in other parts of the world

are run, ways that I do not like too much..........

It has been nice to know you all, thanks for the ride.

cheers

otto

After posting my message above I found this in the comments on the first page of Briskoda, hmmmmm:

photo-37884.jpg

Brimma user_popup.png Tum-te-tum-te-tum-te-tum, what's going on in the Yeti forum?

Yesterday, 18:23

Hide Comments

comments.pngShow all 4 comments photo-60294.jpg BossFox user_popup.png Yesterday, 20:57

Let's see... Brimma in the Yeti forum? **** stirring? :o)

photo-thumb-25524.jpg MartynVRS user_popup.png Yesterday, 22:17

I'm still not sure how it started. Correct me if I'm wrong but is it because a mod moved a thread to a more relevant section, somewhere outside the Yeti section where people couldn't find it?

photo-37884.jpg Brimma user_popup.png Yesterday, 22:23

Might have been, then a number of dummies got thrown out of prams, and Bob's your uncle

its not fun anymore, life is more important than beeing über serious all the time.

That's one of the main issues, most of us DON'T take ourselves seriously

I'd have gone long ago if I did :yes:

To take such a stand of martyrdom when you choose to do whatever you choose to do is the ultimate in taking things too seriously

IMO of course

I would like to take to this opportunity to wish all the best and success in your future endeavours for anyone who STFU and GTFO here to start their own forum devoted to the yeti.

If we ever see a yeti+, I may yet(i) join you.

Why are.fellow Yeti owners leaving just because some threads have been moved? Its getting blown out of all proportion. Yes it appears some maybe baiting, but its a forum, it going to happen. Threads have moved elsewhere, some rightly, some wrongly. It looks like this is a new thing implemented with the site re-org, with mods finding their feet as it were. I know some have said they don't want use the rest of the site, trawling other sections. But to be fair if you can find time to look at the Yeti section you can fund time to look elsewhere. Whilst it may feel like a ball ache, with all members posting in the relevent sections (tyres, ice, detailing, etc) surely the site will be a richer source of information.

If members really don't like it, why not set your own forum up? You can make your own rules and mod yourself. Otherwise how about going with the flow and chilling out a bit.

because of various we're being picked on and they're getting away with it comments like yours I spent most of my evening going through the 1st 5 pages of EVERY model forum. I moved a total of 8 threads from these other pages. That number was moved from the Yeti section alone.

gadgetman says he is sorry it it doesn´t sit well? Well I am too, my reason for beeing in here has been to learn about all things Yeti AND the general Yeti chit chat. This forum used to be fun, its not anymore, at least for me.I have never used the other parts of the Briskoda forum, when I log I go directly to the Yetipart.Its not because I do not like Octavias, Fabias and so on, my interest has been the Yeti and Yeti related stuff,very much including Yeti chit chat. I really love to read the good advice and the funny stories, more often than notin the same post.........People like The Plumber and others has been very important to my life here on the forum, when they leaveits not fun anymore, life is more important than beeing über serious all the time.I have tonight removed the Briskoda sticker from my Yeti, I will also ask to have my name removedfrom the Freedom members list.The way this forum is beeing moderated now remainds me of how some countrys in other parts of the worldare run, ways that I do not like too much..........It has been nice to know you all, thanks for the ride.cheersotto

As said, staff allowed this chit chat culture to start when it should have been stopped at day 1.

It's quite telling how the Yeti folk don't wish to integrate with other Briskoda members, and also a shame.

You ALL comment on narrow mindedness of others and then only hang out with your own. Starting a number of protest threads you say how you don't want to mix with non locals.

It's quite ironic that most of you are guilty of exactly the thing you complain about.

What makes Briskoda is that people that own different models mix, hang out, chat in the chat room and help each other as so many issues are the same or similar thanks to the sharing of parts.

It's a.shame that simply because staff are doing what should have happened at the start of the Yeti forums folk are claiming they shall leave. That is their choice, but quite an over reaction to bringing the Yeti section in to line with the rest of Briskoda.

Staff won't change this just for one owners group, and if this is the purpose of these threads to reverse this decision, then you've wasted your own time.

Thread closed.