Yeti / Freelander comparison

Sandy.Rogers

Is it me or is there tumble weed blowing through this Forum :S

Ordered the Yeti in April but still not due to be built until mid December! Maybe I should've ordered one of the other less sough after Skoda models as they seem to be much easier to get hold of.

Does any one have a side by side photo comparison of a Freelander (and/or Kuga) and Yeti - If so could they post them please?

The longer I wait the smaller the Yeti seems to get and the Freelanders belonging to my son and daughter appear to look bigger. I once bought a brand new Discovery and bizarrely it appears that the Yeti requires as much room in the garage as did the Discovery! :wonder:

Is it me or is there tumble weed blowing through this Forum :S

Ordered the Yeti in April but still not due to be built until mid December! Maybe I should've ordered one of the other less sough after Skoda models as they seem to be much easier to get hold of.

Does any one have a side by side photo comparison of a Freelander (and/or Kuga) and Yeti - If so could they post them please?

The longer I wait the smaller the Yeti seems to get and the Freelanders belonging to my son and daughter appear to look bigger. I once bought a brand new Discovery and bizarrely it appears that the Yeti requires as much room in the garage as did the Discovery! :wonder:

Would you be able to cancel without losing your deposit?

Edited by Lady Elanore

Before I bought the Yeti I looked at the FL2, and even had 2 nice muddy trips around Eastnor Castle LR Experience Centre in them.

Very capable off-road, and adequate on-road, but compared to my old FL1's much much bigger, and with a boot that was much less convenient. My wife took one look at one and said it was much too big! The Yeti is the same size as the FL1, as a comaprison.

What put me off most though was the sheer cost of getting the FL to a comaprable standard as the Yeti. I seem to remember more than £5k more!!

I sat in a Kuga, but didn't have a test drive because i just didn't like it. Poor driving position, little space in the back, small boot, and a horrible interior.

The Discovery has got noticably larger with each new generation. How old was yours?

The Freelander 2 is about the same size as the Discovery used to be.

It was an 'M' Reg, cost 26k but the Army 'End of Service' Golden Hand Shake paid for it - had all the whistles and bells, fully electric, automatic, diesel, it was awesome and a tad bit comfier than all the various LRs etc that I'd driven for many, many years in Germany!

Would you be able to cancel without losing your deposit?

It was made quite clear that a cancellation would lead to a forfeit in Deposit.

If you're sick of viewing a Member's continual derogatory and banal remarks go to:

BRISKODA.net > Your Control Panel > Profile > Manage Ignored Users

..... input their User Name and you will no longer view anything they post ever again. You can even block PMs from them if necessary.

Wish I'd found it a few days ago - does exactly what it says on the tin! :thumbup:

Ah, that explains it then. If you had an M reg (or 300 series) then that was actually quite small. Far smaller than todays big beast of a Discovery.

The Freelander 2 is about the same size as the old disco you had, but noticably wider. Landrover don't made any sensible narrow cars now, other than the antiquated Defender. They are all wide boys.

Compared to the Freelander 2, the Yeti is about 4 inches thinner and 11 inches shorter.

4x4s have just got bigger and bigger... but that's why I like the Yeti.

It's practical for the UKs narrow roads and parking spaces. :)

Ah, that explains it then. If you had an M reg (or 300 series) then that was actually quite small. Far smaller than todays big beast of a Discovery.

The Freelander 2 is about the same size as the old disco you had, but noticably wider. Landrover don't made any sensible narrow cars now, other than the antiquated Defender. They are all wide boys.

Compared to the Freelander 2, the Yeti is about 4 inches thinner and 11 inches shorter.

4x4s have just got bigger and bigger... but that's why I like the Yeti.

It's practical for the UKs narrow roads and parking spaces. :)

Your comments are interesting - I originally took the plunge (didn't want to because of costs!) to revisit the Discovery - sadly being 6' 5 1/2" I struggled to get my legs under the steering wheel, yet my previous Discovery seemed to have a lot more room - unless I've just got fatter in my old age!! :giggle:

someone recently posted pics of a Yeti next to most competitors.

Can't find it at the mo.

That's probably 'cos you moved the post :giggle:

I was of the understanding that if your wait for delivery was a long one Skoda UK will give you a loan car until your new car arrives, I was offered this by Mitchell Skoda, so may be worth contacting SUK for an answer on that one.

I have put all three of your choices in Whatcar comparison website, I chose top of the range in each, but you can choose what models you want to compare HERE

Before I bought the Yeti I looked at the FL2, and even had 2 nice muddy trips around Eastnor Castle LR Experience Centre in them.

Very capable off-road, and adequate on-road, but compared to my old FL1's much much bigger, and with a boot that was much less convenient. My wife took one look at one and said it was much too big! The Yeti is the same size as the FL1, as a comaprison.

What put me off most though was the sheer cost of getting the FL to a comaprable standard as the Yeti. I seem to remember more than £5k more!!

I sat in a Kuga, but didn't have a test drive because i just didn't like it. Poor driving position, little space in the back, small boot, and a horrible interior.

4674706381_c9baeeb570_b.jpg

4675346610_574a9470aa_b.jpg

TP

• Like 1

I think it was Johann - thanks :thumbup:

I saw them which prompted the Freelander comparison

Apologies only saw this now. Yes here is the thread:

http://briskoda.net/...-relative-size/

EDIT: should read the whole thread before posting! LOL It was found and pinned. Ta.

The Yeti does have a canny size. Sometimes if looks HUGE next to other cars. And other times it looks tiny! I love that.

Which Freelander is the OP talking about, as the new FL seems to be the same size as the original Discoemoticon-0104-surprised.gif according to Disco owners I know.

(or have I missed that as well emoticon-0140-rofl.gif)

opps....repeating what BosFox said earlier - missed that emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I thought this is a good table to show similarly priced Yeti specs next to that of the Freelander II (and some Chev has been):

http://www.newcarnet.co.uk/comparison_Land%20Rover_Freelander%202.html?serialno=89987

Note the insurance groupings! The Chevy is in group 27 and the Yeti in 12...

Hi Amanda,

Sorry, that's an ugly, ugly looking beast!

I like the white but the hatchback shape is not for me - call me a phillistine but it looks like a cross between a squashed Sportage and Kuga! :no:

Johann,

there are a lot of inaccuracies in that link!

It lists the Yeti Elegance on 15" tyres, then says it has 17" alloys, and the fuel consumption of the FL is for the "stop/start" equipped one. And having priced one at an LR dealers with the equivalent bits to my Yeti, it came out at more than £22k!!

I thought this is a good table to show similarly priced Yeti specs next to that of the Freelander II (and some Chev has been): href='http://www.newcarnet.co.uk/comparison_Land%20Rover_Freelander%202.html?serialno=89987' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.newcarnet...?serialno=89987

Note the insurance groupings! The Chevy is in group 27 and the Yeti in

Based on the figures given, I would go for the FL2!!!!

But I know the figures don't tell me anything useful.

I had no idea I could have bought a FL2 for less than my Yeti :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johann,

there are a lot of inaccuracies in that link!

It lists the Yeti Elegance on 15" tyres, then says it has 17" alloys, and the fuel consumption of the FL is for the "stop/start" equipped one. And having priced one at an LR dealers with the equivalent bits to my Yeti, it came out at more than £22k!!

:giggle: Shows you to never trust the things you read on them internets. One must always do one's own research. B)