Repaired Alloys - mistmatch?

Alloys Shineyness and Colour  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are they the same or different front to back?

• Same Colour
    • Different Colour
    • Cant really tell

OK - i had my alloys at the rear repaired cos of skoda damaging them when they did the geometry and tyres.

just gave the car a little cleany and noticed that the repaired alloys dont seem ass shiney/bright as before.

ive attahced some piccies - let me know your opinions. I took them at different angles and heights.

Cheers for your time.

Prolfe

photo41.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo31.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo22.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

Edited by prolfe

The rear ones look slightly duller/darker to me. If it really annoys you then I think your options are to either have the fronts done by the same place so all four match, or have the two originals on one side and two refurbed wheels on the other side (although that would probably mean getting a pair of tyres swapped over).

It's impossible to tell by the photo's, any difference could be down to the lighting , shadows etc.

You'll next to take an original alloy and a repaired one off the car and sit them next to each other in the garage and then take a picture.

It's impossible to tell by the photo's, any difference could be down to the lighting , shadows etc.

You'll next to take an original alloy and a repaired one off the car and sit them next to each other in the garage and then take a picture.

+1, however the rear one does seem darker.

By all accounts from what i hear off the other thread they are simply SHiney and brIghT! :giggle:

In all seriousness, as i posted before, they should be stripped back and done correctly in the first place but even then the chances are they wouldn't match but it is only because YOU know it had been done that you would notice. I have had the odd one done before and will be again over the winter and i have no doubt that it wont be a 100% match but i will be the only one that will notice it. As long as the finish is 100% then that is the main thing and it is remotely a colour/shine match then i would be happy.

Unless you refurb all four at the same time it's unlikely the wheels will match perfectly ever again.

It'll only be on the weekend you'll notice, for the next four months you won't be able to tell due to all the muck on them.

By the time the roads have dried up you'll have forgotten all about it :thumbup:

Rear ones do look darker - noticeably to me.

Did Skoda get them done or did you (and then pass bill to Skoda)? Might be worth going back and highlighting the issue.

Skoda organised it all - gonna call them tomorrow.

By all accounts from what i hear off the other thread they are simply SHiney and brIghT! :giggle:

In all seriousness, as i posted before, they should be stripped back and done correctly in the first place but even then the chances are they wouldn't match but it is only because YOU know it had been done that you would notice. I have had the odd one done before and will be again over the winter and i have no doubt that it wont be a 100% match but i will be the only one that will notice it. As long as the finish is 100% then that is the main thing and it is remotely a colour/shine match then i would be happy.

They do need doing properly I agree - before i would of been happy with a repair of the damaged area - not now though

Unless you refurb all four at the same time it's unlikely the wheels will match perfectly ever again.

It'll only be on the weekend you'll notice, for the next four months you won't be able to tell due to all the muck on them.

By the time the roads have dried up you'll have forgotten all about it :thumbup:

Damn the dirty roads !!

The rears do look darker , but your car is at least one year old so imperceptably will be duller anyway, I wax my wheels every week( OCD I know) but I got a spare full sized zenith off ebay ( to have5) and had it powder coated to match the rest smoked chrome. The others whilst look perfect, they have not the sheen off the new one :thumbup:

The rears do look darker , but your car is at least one year old so imperceptably will be duller anyway, I wax my wheels every week( OCD I know) but I got a spare full sized zenith off ebay ( to have5) and had it powder coated to match the rest smoked chrome. The others whilst look perfect, they have not the sheen off the new one :thumbup:

Must try harder....... :p

nice, post a pic of them.

My rears are the ones repaired. So in your case should be brighter but they're the opposite. It just a poor job that needs fixing. Ringing Skoda and the dealer today.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro Life I think they look different but at end of day you are definitely not happy with the result so get back to them even if its just to match back to front now. Your vote is the one that matters most!

Pro Life I think they look different but at end of day you are definitely not happy with the result so get back to them even if its just to match back to front now. Your vote is the one that matters most!

It is Prolfe not pro life, I don't think he is an anti-abortionist campaigner! :giggle:

It is Prolfe not pro life, I don't think he is an anti-abortionist campaigner! :giggle:

If its good enough for the Americans its good enough for me :p :giggle:

I don't think you can swap them like that unless the tyres are swapped too.

Called Skoda CS today they are investigating.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Skoda cs or skoda csi :giggle:

and you dont have to change the tyres The only tires that you cannot change the rotational direction of are unidirectional tires, which have a designated tread pattern to rotate in one direction only.