Fog Lights

jrw

Its not Foggy so TURN THEM OFF.

You aren't big

You aren't clever

and You certainly aren't clever.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=fog%2Blights&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CKcBEBYwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.howmotorwayswork.co.uk%2Ffoglights.htm&ei=5WfCTszHGdTZ4QTv7riBDQ&usg=AFQjCNGFpm0xmBI5IjYPdzqRGq3EvmNXSg (although the website is clearly wrong about xenon lights :giggle: )

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll hold back cos i`m sure I got moaned at last year with thsi rant lol.

The bit that really gets on my nerves with front ones is they really give no extra vision unless you are fully crawling along at < 20mph. All they do is cause extra glare giving people a face/mirror full of lights and **** people off. ****s

i totally agree with this, it really grinds my gears when people have fogs on with a lack of foggy weather but even more so when people do not turn them off when they come up behind some one or vice versa when it is foggy

other drivers flash me on regular basis due to the xenons on the octy as they are abit anit-social, they soon dont like it when i demonstrate what my full beams look like!

I`ll hold back cos i`m sure I got moaned at last year with thsi rant lol.

The bit that really gets on my nerves with front ones is they really give no extra vision unless you are fully crawling along at < 20mph. All they do is cause extra glare giving people a face/mirror full of lights and **** people off. ****s

Yep front ones should not be able to be used without the rears i reckon.

...and as for not switching off rear ones when the fog has gone or when you come up behind them. I CAN QUITE CLEARLY SEE YOU IN FRONT OF ME THANKS, NO SWITCH EM OFF.

other drivers flash me on regular basis due to the xenons on the octy as they are abit anit-social, they soon dont like it when i demonstrate what my full beams look like!

A very responsible attitude, I'm sure. Perhaps if you had headlights which were properly adjusted they wouldn't be flashing you but that's the problem, you can't adjust bi-zenons. That is why so many professional drivers want them banned, because they give no real benefits but a lot of problems.

A very responsible attitude, I'm sure. Perhaps if you had headlights which were properly adjusted they wouldn't be flashing you but that's the problem, you can't adjust bi-zenons. That is why so many professional drivers want them banned, because they give no real benefits but a lot of problems.

Never been flashed for my xenons, only the DRL's thinking they are fogs.

Factory fit xenons are self adjusting and i have never been blinded my factory fit ones. They blind you less so as there is zero light scatter.

They are correctly adjusted thanks, the beam that is emitted has a multi coloured tint to it and makes it look like iv got full beam on, they have brillint benefits by the way, light up road beautifully, very important when you drive on roads like i do.

So if someone is driving towards me, puts their mean back on due to think incorrectly thinking i have my beams on im not supposed to flash back to simply demonstrate the difference bewteen dipped and main?

No matter what vehicle it is ,range rovers are the worst for emitting a bright dipped beam iv always been able to tell the difference...

Dont even start me on this!!! :( :( try driving in ireland!!! Apparently its ok to drive with just your side lights on and fogs on no matter what time of day or night!!!!And what is it with Nissan Micra fogs? Do they automatically come on when head lights are switched on?!!! As no matter who is driving one if the head lights are on then the lovely upward pointing fogs are on!!!!

GGGRRRR

Kit

Why do people use rear fog lights in the rain???? That's the one that REALLY gets on my t1t5

Anyone behind be with their fog lamps on when it's not foggy gets my rear fog lights, they soon get the message.

As for driving with fog lamps and side lights, I could write an essay on that.

xenons should only be available factory fitted, retro fitting always causes problems and if you don't have the headlamp wash it's an MOT failure.

As for driving with fog lamps and side lights, I could write an essay on that.

Surely the whole idea of front fog lights is that you use them instead of headlights, not as well as headlights. If you have your headlights on too you will get no benefit from the fog lights as you will still be dazzled by the back scatter from your headlights. The reason fog lights work is that they illuminate the fog but not the road, you bay not be able to see quite as far, but you have a much better view because you are not getting your own lights reflected back at you.

Rob.

Never mind fog lights,what about the idiots who don't switch on first thing in the morning.

im guessing your on about lights, this beggers belief for me, how to manage to get down the road without looking at any of the clocks? presuming like most cars sides/head lights lights up dash.

Surely the whole idea of front fog lights is that you use them instead of headlights, not as well as headlights. If you have your headlights on too you will get no benefit from the fog lights as you will still be dazzled by the back scatter from your headlights. The reason fog lights work is that they illuminate the fog but not the road, you bay not be able to see quite as far, but you have a much better view because you are not getting your own lights reflected back at you.

Rob.

I think he means when there ISN'T any fog!

Equally people who don't use lights at all are

more annoying and more dangerous.

I drove alongside a woman in her Astra through 50 miles of fog

on the M4 Monday who had no lights on whatsoever.

She was quite literally the only vehicle with out some form

of lights on. Many who came past her was flashing away at

her to try and tell her but she was clearly brain dead?? :thumbdown:

Perhaps she was born on Krypton and has Xray vision

and is indestructible? :)

its sometimes hard to spot the plonker with fogs on and the nothing-he-can-do-about-it-man with foglike DRL's

i have to wait until i can see their numberplate and then its normally too late.

Never been flashed for my xenons, only the DRL's thinking they are fogs.

Factory fit xenons are self adjusting and i have never been blinded my factory fit ones. They blind you less so as there is zero light scatter.

its sometimes hard to spot the plonker with fogs on and the nothing-he-can-do-about-it-man with foglike DRL's

i have to wait until i can see their numberplate and then its normally too late.

I agree with you both on this - but surely it highlights the fact that DRL design is rubbish? Not all I'll concede, but defiantly some. Saw a new Fabia vRS at night the other day (a blessing, saved me looking at the rest of the design! emoticon-0119-puke.gif) and failed to tell the difference. If it wasn't for the fact he flashed me through at some traffic and I noticed the number plate age, and vRS grille badge I'd have assumed that they were fogs.

That fact that people can't tell the difference between the two (and I'll concede that not all DRLs are as bad) shows that DRLs are just as bad as fogs? I often find them just as dazzling, and struggle to tell the difference between the idiot with the fog lights on, and the car designed by idiots.

Anyone behind be with their fog lamps on when it's not foggy gets my rear fog lights, they soon get the message.

I just wish more cars had the option to turn on the rear lights seperatly to the fronts, like my old Punto and BMW's. In trying to get the **** behind you to turn theirs off, you either have to flash yours between oncoming traffic, or look equally bad. :(

Isn't the Fabia LED?

If they're grouped together closely in a circle (such as on the Auris's's) they can be much harder to distinguish, esp. when matched too some xenons of the same colour temperature (as this Fabia was).

While they are a good idea, the implementation can be terrible IMO - why not just hardwire the headlights to come on with the ignition? Yes, it'll cost more too run the bulbs over LEDs, but how much development costs and manufacturing fees do the DRLs demand? Be genuinely interesting too see how many hours of driving you'd need before the R&D/production costs of DRLs are off-set in electrical savings.

Led drl's are a different, pee easy to spot.

And they are a good thing, they will save lives/money.

iPhone using Tapatalk

I still get flashed by people (usually OAPs) who think my DRLs are fog lights.

Just to add to the thread, people with fog lights on pee my off something rotten!