Bluetooth Upgrade from 5N0 035 730 A to D

I have had grief with my BT from day one, on several top o' the line Blackberrys to my current Galaxy S2, so following on from advice in a previous thread,I upgraded my BT kit - buying it from Portugal from ebay for £100

I wish I had done this years ago - what a wonderful difference. RSAP is still ****, mind you - in fact I don't think it has ever managed to connect (I hear I could type txt from the Bolero) however, this is more than made up for by the fact that, the car, working as a normal BT headset is so much more useable.

It connects first time every time, and very quickly too.

It allows BT Audio Streaming from the phone - quality is very good, makes the transition, when listening to audio books from train => car a breeze.

I can get out of the car and carry on a conversation on the phone

I can stop and check emails, google maps / internet etc

The install was plug n play (direct swap-out) - then I just had to connect as normal. Twice - once for BT headset and once for BT accessory for the BT Audio streaming.

I do miss my TXT messages on the multidat a bit, and I realise I am using more battery power, but I can plug the phone in on long journeys and there is a possibility call quality isn't as good, though I havn't noticed any difference. Only other blip is that the battery meter doesn't work on the multidat. oh, and I have to wait for RSAP connection to time out (or decline it) before the good bit connects - only a minute or so. If I had a 'berry I would disable RSAP on the phone - don't know how to do this on the s2 though.

All in all, if you are suffering with the A model, it's a highly recommended upgrade.

• 1 year later...

I have had the BT Audio factory kit retro fitted which works well with the phone.  However when streaming music, the track info doesn't display.  Can anyone advise how to get this working?