Stolen Wheels

Can

My 17" Gigaro alloy wheels from my MK2 Fabia VRS have been stolen over the weekend.

I’m posting here to let everyone know in case they should be offered them, if you are offered them or come across them, can you please inform the police. They should be relatively easy to identify as they have been powder coated in Anthracite. They are also fitted with brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 3’s in 205/40 R17 84W

They will be missing the centre caps as they were removed for storage.

Stolen from Edinburgh area but could show up anywhere

Cheers Can

PLEASE Contact me by PM if you wish to discuss in any more detail

Mods if this is in the wrong place can you please move as I was just trying to cover the likely areas.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 17" Gigaro alloy wheels from my MK2 Fabia VRS have been stolen over the weekend.

I’m posting here to let everyone know in case they should be offered them, if you are offered them or come across them, can you please inform the police. They should be relatively easy to identify as they have been powder coated in Anthracite. They are also fitted with brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 3’s in 205/40 R17 84W

Stolen from Edinburgh area but could show up anywhere

Cheers Can

PLEASE Contact me by PM if you wish to discuss in any more detail

Mods if this is in the wrong place can you please move as I was just trying to cover the likely areas.

So there's a warning. Thieves looking for cars on winter wheels/tyres knowing that there is a nice set of shiny alloys in the garage/garden shed. :thumbdown:

Might be a silly question but did you have the locking nuts on and if so how did they manage to take those off...???

Hope this doesn't become the new trend....will have to look to see if i can lock the wheels somehow to my wheel tree.....

The upside is, you will be able to claim on your home insurance rather than your car insurance....

The upside is, you will be able to claim on your home insurance rather than your car insurance....

depends where they've been stored, in a shed then poss not depending on the level of cover. im looking into this all now myself as im about to store mine and there worth a lot of money so worth knowing

on the flip side if there quite unique then you maybe lucky and they get spotted.

just hope the thieving scumbags get a blowout and meet a brick wall at an illegal speed, all they deserve imho

depends where they've been stored, in a shed then poss not depending on the level of cover. im looking into this all now myself as im about to store mine and there worth a lot of money so worth knowing

on the flip side if there quite unique then you maybe lucky and they get spotted.

just hope the thieving scumbags get a blowout and meet a brick wall at an illegal speed, all they deserve imho

Obviously your contents needs to cover outbuildings......if you have outbuildings, you make sure you take out extra cover. Jetwash, wheels, detailing stuff, bike, lawnmower etc all add up.

I have my doubts if they will turn up given it looks like they were an oppertunity steel, as they appear to have been after a car and just taken the wheels as they were there.

Was just wanting to make people aware before they get caught trading stolen goods, as this is a police matter now.

Maybe a good idea to engrave postcode into the wheels

seboni I'd rather not have these sort of people coming back looking for the car to go with the wheels

Having not personally had the wheel's off of my vRS so I can't say, but, are they not engraved with serial numbers??

I've had car's in the past with this.

-Will

Edited by wills

will have to look to see if i can lock the wheels somehow to my wheel tree.....

No need to lock them to the tree itself, just run a really thick wire cable (plastic coated) - the type used for bike locks through them with a decent disc padlock on them.

416ZcfM1usL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

31YNRthL0ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hope this doesn't become the new trend....will have to look to see if i can lock the wheels somehow to my wheel tree.....

Sorry guys but didn't read the whole text hence my reply...

Hope you'll be able to find those shortly

Matty