Mannyo's 2001 Audi A8 3.7 Quattro Sport

mannyo

Car Details:

Model: A8 3.7 Quattro Sport

Colour: Santorin Blue

Mileage at purchase:173,900

Previous keepers: 2 (1st Audi UK, then last owner for 10 years)

I have bought the car as bit of stop gap whilst I sort out the old finances due to work changes.

This car is a standard spec 3.7 Quattro Sport, but as it was an Audi Ex Demonstrator its loaded to the teeth with options. When new the car produced 260 BHP, although I wonder how many of those its lost in 173,000 miles.

Bose Sound System,

Audi Symphony headunit with 6 CD changer (headunit has cassette and single CD slot)

Small Screen Satnav (Very basic but functional) with the limitation that the latest and last disk available is 2007 (car has a 2006 disk),

Electric rear sunscreen,

Side sunblinds,

Electric glass sunroof,

4 x Heated Electric Seats,

4 x Electric Windows,

Dual Zone climate control,

Auto dipping rear view mirror,

Maxidot display,

Leather / Alcantara interior in light beige colour

Electric seats with loads of adjustments.

and lots more.

Everything works as it should.

Couple of pics below.

post-47-0-19686400-1325695592_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-78536200-1325695599_thumb.jpg

Pics added,

FSH, yes mix of Audi and other with a folder full of receipts going back to day 1. Drive from Hertfordshire to Dorset was really nice, kind of like driving a mobile sofa but with sports suspension.

The £120 of petrol I put in before setting off was errr interesting, average MPG so far is 29'ish.

A few things need tidying, but for the price paid its in pretty good shape. The drivers seat alcantara has some wear, and the drivers door card by the pocket is pretty scratched but nothing that cant be sorted by sourcing bits from ebay.

I'll add some better / more pics once I sort it out at the weekend, as I bought it as seen.

Looks great. I must have missed the bit about you selling the Superb.

Sofa with sports suspension. Hmmmm. Interesting. So it wallows round bends but with a harsh ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sofa with sports suspension. Hmmmm. Interesting. So it wallows round bends but with a harsh ride

It's great, handles ok for Such a big car. Seats are very supportive yet comfortable, after all they are proper recaros.

29 mpg is OK for a car of this size which would probably be about 25mpg if converted to LPG which is why I have looked at them as a possible future purchase, the other one I have been looking into is the Phaeton :D But only if my mileage allowance goes up a bit

Here are some better pictures, taken after a quick clean, engine bay included.

I removed all the scuttles and checked them for debris, loads of leaves in their now all cleared out. ECU area is bone dry thankfully, what a hassle getting in there though as all the screws have rusted along with their captive nuts.

post-47-0-40670700-1325940545_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-92980300-1325940550_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-87326700-1325940556_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-56565600-1325940568_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-01763500-1325940572_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-49285800-1325940578_thumb.jpg