New Recall

Just thought that I would let you all know that I have just been contacted by the dealer (not received any paperwork) with regard to a new recall on my car - 2009 FL CR vRS.

Apparently it is to replace a 'high pressure hose' presumably on the diesel injection system.

I am taking the car in next week for a half an hour appointment while I wait.

Just thought that I would let you all know that I have just been contacted by the dealer (not received any paperwork) with regard to a new recall on my car - 2009 FL CR vRS.

Apparently it is to replace a 'high pressure hose' presumably on the diesel injection system.

Does this also apply to Non vRS FL CRs?

Cheers

Hi

Is there a recall reference number?

Cheers

Dave

Yes, it's not a big job but CR only.

Is it all CR's do you know? My 11 plate hasnt had any recalls so far but I am not on speaking terms with any UK dealers....

Is this the recall to stop them exploding like an incendiary device. :p

hmm could be handy the car is worth more written off than it is on the road :p (joking btw)

I'll ask the dealership tomorrow when I book mine in for its service.

If your curious give your dealer a call, only takes a few minutes to check ELSA.

not when you dont have one that speaks the same lingo :(

If your curious give your dealer a call, only takes a few minutes to check ELSA.

Sorry?

Normally if somebody posts something people become interested in knowing what exactly they mean't emoticon-0148-yes.gif

It is a fuel pipe issue as i recall (excuse the pun). Mine was one of 5 or 6 FL Cr diesels VRS recalls at the local dealer. Took them about 30 mins to rectify.

All CR's? Or just a certain batch?

ELSA is our computer system with Skoda.

Rang my dealer just now,

My car is not on the list of recalls.

Was just onto my dealer.

I'm driving a 2009 pre-FL CR170 with the facelift interior and mirrors Registered the end of Feb 2009 if this clarifies things.

They said I needed a recall for injectors and pipes and dampners. When I said its a commonrail they said just pipes and dampers. 30 minute job and knowing my dealers usual efficiency it should be just that.

This is in ROI fwiw, and Kudos to the dealer for getting in touch so quickly.

Edited by EoinM

I have had the recall carried out. Was at the dealers for 45 mins and that included them washing and vaccing it :thumbup:

Off the invoice the recall number is 23K5 as is only applicable to certain chassis numbers, and they replaced the following:

A-High pressure pipe

Damper

Sticker!

All in all quite painless :)