Torque - Engine diagnostic tools

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dashcommander sit esays what the compatible options are and they seem to retail at that price. The ones on ebay may or may not be suitable. So as I said a 'suitable' one costs a bit more!

Could be wrong, will look through the ebay link and see, but given just the cost of dashcommander and that it is not iPad specific I'm not fussed. If it was less than £20 all in then I give it a go as not really sure how much I would actually use it.

Phone contract is up next month so may well end up with Android, so no great rush just now.

If you have Samsung Galaxy S2, there own screen mount is a fantastic bit of kit. The quality and fit is awesome. It's £30 (ish) but worth it.

For the Torque app it's ideal. Rock solid.

I bought a screen mount and in car charger from eBay for my S2 for £4.25 and it works a treat :)

Yeah, seen it. Great value !

If you can push the boat out, here it is LINK

Locks the S2 in and it can charge at a rate that allows you to use the Sat Nav / Torque etc. without battery drainage.

After market in car chargers don't supply the correct voltage to charge your S2 as you're using your apps.

It really is superbly made. Pays your money.

how accurate is the BHP readout on it? curiouse as to what my car has as i read somewhere that skoda have used tweaked cars as press cars before and iv got the ex main press car and its breezed past supposdly faster cars I.E. spoilt kids with rich daddies in corsa VXRs

Sounds right seeing as i pinched that from a evo forum, il ask around my lecturers at college next week as weer starting a course on power drives which deals with power loss and such

Although i have seen front wheel drive with around 40bhp loss at the wheels and that was already well under the manafactuers figures before the loss