Headlight Tint Part 2

H17YD_L

Well following on from this thread

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/224144-headlight-tint/

My new tint arrived yesterday, so after cleaning the car today I thought I'd have a go with the new stuff, tried the wet method for fitting this time, took about 20 mins per headlight and the second one has turned out better than the first lol, but both look ok unless your right up close so here are the pics:

Before:

IMG_0979.jpg

After:

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

between the two, not a very good comparison as the sun was shining on the un-tinted one:

IMG_1012.jpg

Now the right one done:

IMG_1016.jpg

Both together all complete:

IMG_1015.jpg

I think it looks brilliant, better than the last attempt :rofl: . Comment's welcome!

They look amazing mate! :):):)

Just dark enough!

Wet trick worked better than dry then?

I'm going to say yes because it was a lot quicker but even now the bottom bits haven't fully stuck down (still a bit of water there) I copied off a video on youtube and it says leave them overnight and push the remaining air/ water out that may be left, and heat up around the edges to make sure they are stuck. I've got confidence they'll last for a bit, until i clean it next and the pressure washer catches the edge lol

Don't know till it gets dark but looking into the light there's only a very small difference between the amount of light it lets out, more pics to come later when its dark!

Before and after in the dark would have been good, that might have silenced any negative comments

I'm looking forward to doing the rears on my Octavia now, then possibly the fronts :yes:

Before and after in the dark would have been good, that might have silenced any negative commentsI'm looking forward to doing the rears on my Octavia now, then possibly the fronts :yes:

I've got a pic of my light when i fitted the HID's so i can compare to this hopefully, i'll post some up later!

That looks excellent :thumbup:

Cheers!

Haha call me a copy cat....but I've ordered some too from HK :-D should have them next week I think!

lol, took just over 2 weeks to come

Lookin' good! :thumbup: Not as evil as before, but at least you'll be able to drive at night now! :rofl:

Yeh it's going to be a safer option lol

Well worth the effort. Looks awesome ! emoticon-0148-yes.gifIf I didn't have the black lights on mine, this would be a must do emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Cheers! I'll do you a swap no problem :thumbup::giggle:

That looks good, and its certainly cheaper than the new light option i was looking at. I have the touch of a rapist though, so i wont be doing that myself.

Anyone fancy doing that for me...

+1 if it doesnt involve a spanner or a hammer im lost

much better

Thanks mate!

That looks good, and its certainly cheaper than the new light option i was looking at. I have the touch of a rapist though, so i wont be doing that myself. Anyone fancy doing that for me...

Ha ha i'm sure someone will change you £50

Looks spot on that :thumbup:

Cheers!

to quote a well know fast food outlet , da da da da da I'm lovin it !!! :-)

Thanks mate!

+1 if it doesnt involve a spanner or a hammer im lost

Haha it's easy mate i'm an electrician so gotta be easier than playing with them spanner things lol

They look awesome mate! perfect tint :D not too dark, not to bright, just perfect :)

Cheers mate!

Perfect look! if these are fine at night then great and cheap mod you can be proud of :)

Look bellow!

Lol touch of a rapist!

Haha is that a good comment lol!