I should probably be dead...

xa0sx

Shrug, anyone with a fast car sometimes has a crazy moment and that's all it takes for mechanical failure. If it's a worn pipe then it could also have failed while he was doing 10mph in stop-start traffic. If you want to get really annoyed at something, get annoyed at the corresponding Facebook photo posted at 4am (i.e. after this thread) where he "couldn't miss a party" so drove there with no brakes...

+ 1,

plus with the warning lights on the dash id say it was a real photo taken with him actually having no brakes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't work out what the warnings lights were, but there are certainly more than I'm used to seeing and in different places than I've seen (so not the standard EML/TCS/airbag lights as I've had those on my own dash so I think I'd have recognised the positions).

I couldn't work out what the warnings lights were, but there are certainly more than I'm used to seeing and in different places than I've seen (so not the standard EML/TCS/airbag lights as I've had those on my own dash so I think I'd have recognised the positions).

Link would be good ;)

Normally I wouldn't, but Luke purposely keeps his Facebook page public and encourages subscribers so it's nothing you couldn't already see without having to get permission from him so it's not really sharing anything that's not to be shared.

edit - the warning lights are foglights in the rev counter (to do with him using LEDs I think), then clockwise from bottom left in the speedo are the EML, TCS, and an unknown one which could be brakes. It's probably not the airbag light as that's further around on my car, pretty sure on my car that would be the handbrake warning but that's a red LED.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2242775969195&set=p.2242775969195&type=1&ref=nf

As if you'd post about that on a public forum and openly driving after with no breaks! It's people like these that cause accidents that ruin other innocent people's lives...

Although I agree with breaks could fail at anytime, you openly admit to driving like an idiot and this is after you've had your suspicions on whether the breaks are a bit dodgy!!!

I agree with all the others I'm afraid!!!

Why would you risk it though? If you've got enough money to build and run the car that Luke does, you can afford AA/RAC/Green Flag cover for something like this, surely? With Quidco it works out at about £10/year or something stupid, it's not worth not having it IMO.

Apologies to Brimma, obviously I read the edited version!! Always quote for posterity :rofl:

No problem PP, sometimes you have to pinch yourself just to believe what you are actually reading

Check out the FB page......it speaks volumes

Had no idea Luke's surname was Leary

Sorry but people stupid enough to do this on a public road (including filming themselves whilst driving) deserve to be reported for undue care and attention etc and deserve their licence taking away from them ... before they take someone else's life away from them. :thumbdown:

Would a mod perhaps have the ability to restore the "Unedited" series of events for all to see?

Just seen the Facebook photo, before the gentleman alters it here is his text from the Facebook posting for all to see.

"I couldn't miss the after party with friends so I'm driving there with no brakes. It's surprisingly OK until you need to slow down. Sorry for the abuse gearbox! The constant dash beeping is getting a bit annoying though (I'm aware I have no brake fluid, thanks!) and I probably shouldn't be writing this on my phone either."

Luke as someone who has had to pick up the pieces when a relative has done something stupid that cost them their life, try to think your actions though, when you're laying dead on the slab its of no matter to you, however when your relatives are having to pick through the mess you left behind and deal with the onslaught of comments on forums and newspaper websites from people who didn't know you, it's beyond words how hard it is. Try and think of them.

I think its a shame he never crashed it. I wouldnt want him to hurt himself or anyone else, but if he had damaged his car and his insurance got wind of this thread and voided his cover, it would be thoroughly deserved.

What kind of bloke boasts about how he was driving like a **** on public roads, then boasts about how he had to get to a party in the early hours of the morning and did it with no brakes etc etc. He was prob ****ed as well. Wander how often this kind of stuff happens.............id bet frequently