Fabia VRS Genuine lowering kit

Kie

Lowering Springs

Part Number: ZGB5J0071677

Suitable For: Fabia Hatch 2010>

Information: vRS model only

Lowers the front and rear by 20mm

Product Details: These Eibach lowering springs lower the standard Fabia vRS Hatch by 20mm at both the front and rear

Please note that headlamp alignment must be checked after the installation of these springs.

(this is not and advertisment fot the selling of these springs this is just information for you to order the kit yourselves)

RRP: £180.00inc vat

(Cheaper then ebay) :thumbup:

Edited by Kie

I think he's talking about these:

http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=ZGB5J0071677

My guess is they had put them on the car beforehand as standard, then somebody thought "we can cut a little more from the production cost blah blah blah"

Next question is do they produce the know problem of cheap spring alternatives (shorter distance, dampers not taking it into acount, ride comfort compromised)?

Very interested to look how they look on the car...

I think he's talking about these:

http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=ZGB5J0071677

My guess is they had put them on the car beforehand as standard, then somebody thought "we can cut a little more from the production cost blah blah blah"

Next question is do they produce the know problem of cheap spring alternatives (shorter distance, dampers not taking it into acount, ride comfort compromised)?

Very interested to look how they look on the car...

There is a pic of someones car with them fitted in the vRS register thread

Lowering Springs

Part Number: ZGB5J0071677

Suitable For: Fabia Hatch 2010>

Information: vRS model only

Lowers the front and rear by 20mm

Product Details: These Eibach lowering springs lower the standard Fabia vRS Hatch by 20mm at both the front and rear

Please note that headlamp alignment must be checked after the installation of these springs.

RRP: £180.00inc vat

(Cheaper then ebay) :thumbup:

Quite a few places sell these Eibach springs at cheaper than that AwesomeGTI for example although not sure why they state 40mm drop as everyone else states 20mm

Edited by adam1985

Genuine as a pose to fake!!!

Do you mean Skoda approved, if so is it on their website?

The new cost price is still quiet new but they will be updated on the skoda website if they havn't yet, but these are skoda approved springs so they will not affect your warrenty

Quite a few places sell these Eibach springs at cheaper than that AwesomeGTI for example although not sure why they state 40mm drop as everyone else states 20mm

I can confirm that these are the eibach pro-kit lowring kit which is 20mm, i am unawear as to eibach creating a 40mm lowering kit as of yet

I am waiting to hear vRSy's opinion of these. Ok, I know they won't be coilovers but will they make the ride worse? / Are they a good alternative to lowering If you don't want to spend around 1K on an aftermarket suspension?

I am waiting to hear vRSy's opinion of these. Ok, I know they won't be coilovers but will they make the ride worse? / Are they a good alternative to lowering If you don't want to spend around 1K on an aftermarket suspension?

Let's be honest, how could the ride be worse than standard.

I was so glad to drive straight from the dealer after picking the car up to getting the H&R springs fitted. Didn't like the ride at all as standard.

Eibachs are good (had them several times before) including the VRS Mk1, but I was pleasantly surprised with the ride with H&Rs

Unless you're doing trackdays or bank jobs, I can't see the benefits of spending big bucks on coilovers. Saying that, if I have £800 burning a hole in the summer, never know emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Forgot to add - When the car is lowered, look out for parking 'nose in' where kerbs are present emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Awesome quote upto 40mm drop They have just used the generic term as you can get Eibach spring dropping to 40mm, just not the Fabia ones

Let's be honest, how could the ride be worse than standard.

I was so glad to drive straight from the dealer after picking the car up to getting the H&R springs fitted. Didn't like the ride at all as standard.

Eibachs are good (had them several times before) including the VRS Mk1, but I was pleasantly surprised with the ride with H&Rs

Unless you're doing trackdays or bank jobs, I can't see the benefits of spending big bucks on coilovers. Saying that, if I have £800 burning a hole in the summer, never know emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Forgot to add - When the car is lowered, look out for parking 'nose in' where kerbs are present emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Are these your set?

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=50804&xSec=1079

I may go for the skoda approved ones, as I have an account at my local dealers :)

Same here providing it does improve the car and now make it worse in any way. Plus if they fit them warranty is still intact?

I've been offered some lowering springs from a new VRS for my Monte, I know mines a 1.6 tdi, but wondered if they would still fit?

Same here providing it does improve the car and now make it worse in any way. Plus if they fit them warranty is still intact?

thats exactly my thoughts martyn, I want my warrenty intact which is why I havent messed with it yet.. but dealer parts supplied and fitted by the dealer and approved by skoda = warrenty intact. :thumbup:

As they have only been released and were not an option on the car at point of order/delivery for most of us I take it we are screwed into the 1 year warrenty?

Also would these being the "designed for" springs maybe explain the crash yet boat like standard ride?

Yes you would get 12 months warranty on them, if fitted at PDi it's 3 years.

True but what i think he means is it won't effect the warrenty on the car i.e the shockers will still be coverd even though the vehicle has been lowered :)

Edited by Kie

I dont see how you would go about getting the dealer to order and fit them?

Wouldnt they need a Skoda part number?

Edit: Ignore me, just seen they are on the Skoda website.

Also i posted the skoda part number for you to order them through your skoda dealers :thumbup:

Also i would like to remind you that you dont have to have the springs fitted by a skoda dealer to keep your warrenty intact just like you dont need to have your car serviced by skoda to keep the warrenty, you just have to use genuine skoda parts and a recipt that proves the parts have been fitted by a garage and not by yourselves lol and your warrenty will be fine :thumbup:

As they have only been released and were not an option on the car at point of order/delivery for most of us I take it we are screwed into the 1 year warrenty?

Also would these being the "designed for" springs maybe explain the crash yet boat like standard ride?

All skoda parts hold a 12 month warrenty as do any car accessory company but what you would keep is the warrenty on the rest of your suspension for the 3years from PDI, which fitting non-genuine springs would not support

Edited by Kie