Fabia Door Card Clips - price rockets!

DRJ

The Fabia Door Card Clip part number appears always to have been 5J0867276 / 5J0 867 276.

I had to redo the carrier seal on the offside rear passenger door in Autumn 2010 and the price at a Skoda dealer was then 25p + vat = 29.5p each.

I received the "new style" clips at that time which are much more robust than the fragile originals.

Today I've been doing the nearside rear passenger door seal - and so I went to the same Skoda garage: Blade Skoda in Gloucester, for the same clips.

They're now 50p + vat = 60p each - for exactly the same clips.

I used to recommend people go to a Skoda dealer rather than sourcing via eBay or elsewhere, but I'm now withdrawing that advice.

Very interesting and good timed post. I was literally on the phone 2 mins ago to skoda asking how much for the clips.

Theyre going to ring me back in a bit. See what they say, im not paying 60p per clip though!

Pack of 10 off ebay for about £2.50.

i sealed up my leaking rear doors this week, and i went to a VW garage before Skoda to see if they had any clips as i happened to be going past it. they dont have the exact match but i got some black ones which fit really well and did the job, only 11p each :thumbup:

The clips did change, they now have an integrated rubber washer and are an improved design which appears less likely to break. If the part number was superseded the Skoda garage should see on the computer though.

That's nothing.

My dad was quoted over £11 per clip from Nissan for the little plastic parts to hold the interior boot trim on. And he broke more than one when taking it off.

Dealer couldn't believe the cost either.

Needless to say the boot trim is in the shed!

The clips did change, they now have an integrated rubber washer and are an improved design which appears less likely to break. If the part number was superseded the Skoda garage should see on the computer though.

Yes - I mentioned the clip design changed in the OP - however the part number hasn't changed and the low-cost Skoda ones I bought last year were the new improved design in any case - so it's an unjustified 100% price increase in my view.

Anything in b&q that is waterproof and can be applied to metal. I purchased some evo stick stuff for about £8. The exact name escapes me but it's a white sealant in green tube.

Top tip: buy a coloured sealant (white, black, brown etc), clear sealant doesn't show areas you have missed!

No one but you will see the colour anyway!

Don't buy any sealant that will be a problem if any damp is present. That totally rules out ordinary silicone. The Plumbers Gold I use can be used underwater!