Milltek sports cat downpipe Fabia vrs

Guest Sib-rs

Guest Sib-rs

If I were to fit a milltek downpipe with sports cat to the standard cat back would the car need remapping or would the standard software be fine?

Thanks, sib-rs.

I wouldn't have thought so dude. Thing is with a stage 2 map the lamba sensor is turnt off so the engine doesn't inject more fuel to create more gases to reach the level it requires which a tmc prob doesn't do.

I wouldn't have thought so dude. Thing is with a stage 2 map the lamba sensor is turnt off so the engine doesn't inject more fuel to create more gases to reach the level it requires which a tmc prob doesn't do.

Unplug sensor??

Guest Sib-rs

I have fitted eibach springs, RARB and front lower engine mounts..I have a TMC box on for the time being with a panel filter and custom intake with ngk sparks but I am looking to go further now both my engine and gearbox have been replaced!

I am waiting to see what forge release in regards with the intercooler to decide whether to go down the route of pace products IC & rad package or just intercooler alone from forge but they seem to be taking there time. I have thought about exhaust but I'd prefer an intercooler before I go down that route

It won't be a problem with a 200 cell SPORTS-cat, but if you have a 100 cell RACE-cat it would occasionally misfire.

There is ways around it, but like guys have stated before... The car needs handling-mods more then power-mods!

Weitec GT dampers and springs on mine, handles like a dream :)!

I had the very first Miltek system and I can assure you it will not be OK. Yesthe car will run but it will destroy your cat. Theres a reason miltek wont warrant a system without a map. The short time between me getting the exhaust and a map the car stank of fuel to the point you would think fuel is leaking out the bottom of the car.

Unplugging would make it worse as it would effectively be detecting no gas flow which is why it needs to be properly switched off.

• Like 1

Is there not 2 sensors? A pre cat and post cat one, i know you can get spacers to space out the second sensor so the light dosnt come on but like pit said that could eddect the running