NGK - BKR7EIX [2667]

Guest Sib-rs

Guest Sib-rs

Fitted a set of 8's earlier today and on idle it's as rough as a bears arse, with the powerflex rear gearbox mount it doesn't half make the car rudder!

Thought I post a pic of my OKDs - being wearing them for a year now. They are the same as the ones that people will be fitting on their vRS.

Sorry for the nasty rocker cover :blush: . It is clear my prep work wasn't good and with the engine heat the paint flaked off. I need to give it a good scrub one of these days and re-paint properly.

img2242mx.jpg

img2240gx.jpg

Guest Sib-rs

How common are these coils likely to fail, I replaced the lower gearbox mount to a powerflex much firmer bush which straight away I could feel the rough idle, I fitted a set of 8's still jerky..fitted 7's still jerky..fitted oem still jerky.. only thing that I can think of now would be a coil failing every now and then, the car is fine once the revs have been increase ever so slightly to 1200 say.

Any suggestions?

Thought I post a pic of my OKDs - being wearing them for a year now. They are the same as the ones that people will be fitting on their vRS.

On a side note, how come you have gone for OKADAs on yours? Seems like a very expensive modification that has little requirement or gain on that engine.

On a side note, how come you have gone for OKADAs on yours? Seems like a very expensive modification that has little requirement or gain on that engine.

Stock the car maxed out at 6.400rpms but after my initial remap we took it up to 7.300rpms and we noticed issues. Some power loss and in some cases cut outs etc. :sweat:

We had some suspicions and after investigation and some minor changes we decided to try the only thing we hadn't which was these coils. At the time I had money to burn so I bought them and unexpectedly they cured the issue. After a tweak of the map I also gained some hp and a little bit more torque. In my case I love the naturally aspirated nature of the car, I find it so involving, that is why I try to get as much as possible out of it plus this is the first time I get attached so much to a car which explains the sometimes "waste" of money. :blush:

Wait till you see what I got planned next... :giggle:

This may sound like a stupid question but could you get these and put them in with out screwing warranty ? I have a rough idle only when cold and was wondering if it was common or if these would help. My apologies if this is off topic but seems a better place to ask than start a new thread.

Could someone explain what these are? I have no idea whatsoever lol

A colder rating of spark plugs than standard.

Should run a lot cooler than the standard plugs, recommended for those tuning.

Saying that, I'd say they aren't a bad idea for standard cars (7eix) judging how some plugs look like when they come out.