vRs or RS that is the question

stopan1j

An interesting topic was raised Rich 1068 on VWVortex re Skoda UK changing the name of the RS to vRS due to issues with Ford I guess.

Heres my 2 pennyworth to get the fingers typing:-

I am afraid I dont have a vRS mine is an "Octavia RS" purchased in 2001 for the following reasons:-

1. Vehicle registration document Octavia RS (details supplied by SKODA to DVLA)

2. Its also classed as a 1.8ltr/132Kw RS in the SKODA technical data

3. Model identity plate/sheet on car shows "OCTAVIA SEDAN RS"

4. UK Skoda brochure 04/01 "Octavia RS"

5. Very first UK sales brochure pre launch states Octavia "RS"

6. Skoda -auto cz still refer to the Ocatvia RS it must be a Skoda UK issue http://www.skoda-auto.cz/octavia/rs/default.asp?id=octavia_rs

Later models names and briochures may have changed perhaps others can check?

For intersest SKODA first used the RS description in 1974/5 with the Skoda 130RS (type 735) 1289cc 140bhp (103kw) at 8500rpm 38 or 62 of the cars were made and had a 4 or 5 speed box

• Administrators

Issues with Ford! It's a dam shame when this happens. I understand that RS is perhaps a "brand" for Ford, like Honda's Type-R's.

But vRS is still using RS so I guess ford might try and go that little bit further when the vRS upsets the RS on a road test.

Personally I would not worry about paper work, or print out the relating material to the name changes if it's resale validity your after.

My RS view anyway :)

Colin.

my first ever post on vortex when i was interested in the RS was

'whats the difference between an RS and the vRS ' as all the promotional bumf i'd seen referred to the vRS.

don't care what they say, i'll be an [b:4936e1b899]RS[/b:4936e1b899] owner till i die ( or sell it, whichever comes first! )