Bloody misfire

My vrs has been playing up recently, I set it up for the standard map Xmas eve to travel a 160 mile round trip. The idea was to save fuel over my stage 1 map, half way into the journey ok everything felt nice. Giving it some welly to get into the overtaking lane the car decided to misfire like hell and epc light came on. Pulled in to the hard shoulder and turned the car on and off, ok no problems. I thought nothing of it and forgot about it, a fes days ago I put the map back on and now it likes the periodically misfire all the time under load. It will be going back to the garage this week for testing and will wait to see the outcome, I'm running briex7's or whatever they are on a stage 1 revo, the cars been fine up until now :-(

Would look at vagcom might give an idea if its one coil pack then could be coil pack on the way out

could be.... I was going to suggest plugs, but you are already running briex7's... it may be worth taking them out and checking them... may have had a plug failure... :(

I'd check the plugs. Might just be they've blackened up and need a clean/replace... Saying that I just got a low oil warning show up.. drank 6l in 8k miles.

Worst part was I just came back from a 160mile round trip on the motorway. Would of been horrible to run out of oil doing 70... Cheeryo pistons.

how many miles on the plugs? Mine started to misfire like crazy after 5k. replaced them another 5k later it happened again. I just change every 5k when i service the car.

I was told if the plug had

White tips: running to lean(hot)

Black tips: Potential over fueling, but probable running as expected

red tips: Spark plug is likely to fail

Sy, these plugs were put in at 1500miles when the car was mapped. So they have done about 5000, I will ask then to check the condition of them but will also hassle then to get Revos comments. I've never had a problem with their maps before but if this continues I'll be ditching for APR

Is the new engine still going well damo?

It's seems to be but it's still very tight... Getting about 35mpg average which is already better than what I was getting with my old one :)

I have said I'm not going to check the oil because I will only become paranoid... 1200 miles and still no warning lights (*touches wood*)

• Like 1

Evil, if I were you...I would check the oil now! My nephew had yet another one in the shop last week with seized engine. 2nd one is two months. He relied on the low oil light and it never came on!! Only had 2.3k on the clock. It's being passed to a franchised dealer for work this time under warranty hopefully, but owner is not holding his breath as he should have checked the level.

Sy, these plugs were put in at 1500miles when the car was mapped. So they have done about 5000, I will ask then to check the condition of them but will also hassle then to get Revos comments. I've never had a problem with their maps before but if this continues I'll be ditching for APR

From what people have said on here Revo will have nothing to do with problems and blame the car! Hope it doesn't happen to you but Revo need to help their customers and sort this map out for the TSI's

Yea I'm not counting on them, what I am counting on is my garage who are brialliant when it comes to customer service. They are having the car tomorrow and will try get to the bottom of things, I'm also leaving the old plugs and suggested they try them in. I hassled revo a while back and they basically said "Their maps are tested to best possible standard (corporate waffle)"

It's been ok up until the plugs had done circa 5000miles as Sy had suggested. It's very intermittent it's not always doing it and isn't severe just annoying. Like the other day I had it out and was going up through the gears through the rev range and had no problems :-/ fingers crossed its just as simple as replace plugs and off I go.