Dealer wants to charge for oil consumption test

As the title says, the dealer wants to charge me for the oil consumption test! I had the oil breather pipe mod done in October but slowly it has gone back to its old ways, he said he dint charge me for the other test because I only just purchased it in the April! What a joke! Do they have a right to charge me??

which dealer? I was told the same for my return test after the breather mod, however on refusal to sign the form the dealer contacted SUK who made the decision to waive the charge.

Keep calm and play the game, I found being calm and collected won me favours in the long run.

Good luck.

Surely the dealer did not charge you for the test or the breather mod in October because the dealer was paid to carry out both by

Skoda UK.

If they were not, that is their stupidity.

Just contact Skoda UK and tell them the tale, and see about getting a further check authorised,

and enquire as to the dealer being Paid for the previous warranty work.

Skoda UK will soon have to deal with the first vRS in the UK that go out of warranty, but the problems have been raised long before and delayed & held on and messed about by Dealers & Skoda UK for so long that cars are going out of warranty before the problems which are design, manufacturing or components and their responsibility under the terms of the warranty..

george

I recall about a year ago when the first cars where going through the consumption test that if they were found to be within tollerance then Skoda/VAG would not foot the bill as there was nothing wrong? However, when mine came back at 482 mls I was not asked for any payment. Even if there had been I would not have paid as I would argue that I had not been advised of any potential cost, which i hadn't, it was only what I had gleaned from this forum.

APR must be used to dealing with manufacturers.

I am surprised that they paid.

Was the cost charged for Oil, Filter & Plug, but no labour charge.?

I am also surprised that APR did not just run a test themselves rather than pass it across to a Dealer.

george

APR werent happy, I know that for sure.

Not sure why you would be surprised, they are a business after all. APR put it into Skoda because if there was a problem and it needed new software, breather mods, pistons(as it turned out lol) etc its better Skoda paying for it than them. No idea what the exact costs were, i never asked since They paid it on my behalf.

Have Skoda paid for the pistons, parts and rebuild, or APR or just down to yourself because of the tuning modifications done for you by APR

Your completely off track i think.

As in my build thread, back in June/July iirc, the car went into Skoda because APR said it had began to burn oil. At this point the car was in the 100% stock, with no modifications fitted at all. Skoda had a it for a week or so, did 120miles and carried out a consumption test etc, and then handed the car back with the diagnosis as "nothing wrong at all, the car is not burning oil. They blamed it on incorrect oil being used!!

The car seemed to stop burning oil on the same level anyway, so they must have done something to it. APR carried on the R&D and next thing we knew compression failure in cylinder 1, this was in November, 3 months after the Skoda dealership ordeal. We had the option of again reverting it to stock and attempting a warranty claim, but we chose to Up-rate the pistons instead as the new revised pistons havent proven to stop the oil burning yet plus there is a backlog on new orders as so many cars are requiring new pistons.

Skoda have paid nothing towards it and are completely unaware of the issue. There was no point in even approaching them with this tbh. I paid for the pistons, APR paid for the labour of the engine builder.

We reckon that piston#1 might have already been on the way out hence the original Skoda consumption test, but i guess with the amount of oil they are happy for the car to use, combined with the tolerances with compression tests that they allow, it went unnoticed.

I think i understand OK, i read the threads as they were posted.

Modified and possibly burning oil and put back to standard and put in for a test. As i remember them.

Sorry if i got that wrong, its how it looked at the time.

george

EDIT,

yes, i re-read the build thread up to the 27th June 2012.

If they did actually take £40 from you for oil, it is a small price to pay i would have thought.

You will have had an oil change,

and surely you are pretty sure from checking yourself that there is excessive oil use for how you use the car

before you are going to have it tested.

You will be looking at well over £2500 grand if you are getting an engine and your warranty is out.

They should charge cost price on the Oil anyway not Retail.

I can see no reason for a charge or even the thought of paying for oil when an Oil Consumption test has been done allready,

& it showed high oil consumption and a Breather Modification was authorised and it has not worked.

Thats their little delaying done,

now Skoda UK needs to meet the costs of proper repairs to rectify their manufacturing or design faults. .

Its time that it was more than repairs getting done & compensation being asked for, for customers out of pocket expenses.

Dealers must now be aware of the possibility of engine failures & need to stop taking the pith.

george

As the title says, the dealer wants to charge me for the oil consumption test! I had the oil breather pipe mod done in October but slowly it has gone back to its old ways, he said he dint charge me for the other test because I only just purchased it in the April! What a joke! Do they have a right to charge me??

Have they done the consumption test yet and if so did it pass?

You reported "oil full to orange warning light in 500 miles", so I guess it should be a fail.

That is not a problem is it, since you know it is using oil.

Get your invoice prepared to hit Skoda UK with,

fuel & oil costs and travel expenses with them messing you about.

They have already accepted the problem exists and are in the repair process

Now they just need to complete and have the vehicle fit for purpose.

I would not be bullied by them.

I would contact Skoda UK to see when they are arranging a courtesy car and getting your car in for its engine repair or replacement.

Have you raised the matter with your local Trading Standards.?

george

Your best bet is to establish contact with SUK Customer Services. Your case will be assigned to one of their staff. They will guide the Service Manager at your dealer's. Talk to SUK at every point of the process. There is no way you should pay.

This whole issue is blowing up big time. Sooner or later Skoda/VAG are going to have to offer a public apology and extend the warranty on our cars.

I won't be bullied buy them, I had a problem with a brand new fiesta and slap the sale of good act on them and they give me a new one, so I knw they cant take the p**s out if me! It is a joke, I'm the only one at the dealership that has a problem apparently lol

Was out tonite and my epc light and the engine light came on and went into limp mode, turned off and restarted and was ok but still misfireing so phoned skoda assistance and they asked me to phone the dealer tomoz, could this be a major problem?

Or it could be a failing plug (ala Damo/mine) which is now not giving a strong enough spark to ignite the fuel/air mixture charge and thus a miss fire. So it could be related