DSG Fault - Clutch Not Disengaging on Brake Pedal.

Just had skoda assist out as I have a DSG problem.

Basically in 'D' or 'S' the clutches aren't disengaging when you press the brake. 'R' is fine! As soon as you put it into 'D' it immediately wants to go and you can hear the clutch engaging. It's like been in manual 1st gear with your foot on the brake.

Anyone else had this? Skoda Assist guy reckons it needs a reset as its 'forgotten' what it should be doing.

When you stop using the brake (like a roundabout) but stay in 'D' the clutches disengage until you come off the brake pedal. You'll see the revs drop slightly. Mines not doing that now.

Edited by ardandy

No. You can hear the car straining the millisecond it goes in D. Mine has always dropped the revs as soon as I'm stationary.

It's very similar to if you've left it in manual mode and come to a stop.

Surely Skoda Assist should have towed the car away and given you a hire car? This is dangerous is the clutch isn't disengaging when coming to a halt??

Yet another reason to avoid DSG cars.

Better bit cross the road incase you get knocked down

Great gearbox

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

All mechanical devices fail, failure rate is something which needs looking at.

@OP Please let us know the details of the failure diagnostics when available. My bet is on mechatronic unit throwing a hissy fit based on your description. If it was mechanical failure you's be gettting the same symptoms in R and D.

If it helps you, mine two weeks ago, did nothing when i put it in D,S,R or manual after lifting brake.

Long story short WHOLE NEW GEARBOX being fitted.

Could take up to 6 weeks the Skoda Dealer told me so im in a ****ty 1.2 tsi hire car

Well it's fixed. About 3 hours although the Skoda Assist guy did tell them what to do.

Aparrantly you can reset it by going through every gear when off, then going for a drive and using all gears, then repeating. Has to be plugged in to diag machine first though.

Pick up tomorrow so we'll see! Only had to put up with Roomster for 3 trips!

To be fair the Skoda Assist guy diagnosed it for them. Was nice and quick though.

Sat in a new Octavia whilst waiting. Was told vRS coming in sept. Defo going to be a contender for replacement.

• 7 years later...

Greetings guys,

i am new in here. I was google a problem similar.

i am waiting a friend to come and connect the diagnostic and double check.

So my issue is similar. The stupid start stop system indicated that i stoped but i stoped for a split second after that the car chocked and later when i actually stopped ( before that) i switch off the start/stop system. I stoped in D with my foot on the brake pedal suddenly the car started jumping and i switch to P. Switch off took out key switch on went slowly P->N->D WITH my foot on the brake pedal but the car start jumping again with the signal on the dashboard “ remove foot from brake” which for 2 yrs never saw this thing. Anyway i had to move somehow the car so start driving. Switch to semi-automatic went 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 / 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 neutral and the problem disappeared. Anyway if someone solved it or found similiar issues let me know. I know this post is from 2013 funny thing is my car is Rapid 1.4 TSi 2017. On 56 k miles i had to change the clutch in Skoda Ryslip . 50 k ... and after changing it they programmed it weirdly and now when i switch faster from D to R or opposite way it takes like 2-3 secs to actually go to the proper way... cheers a lot of things helped me from here so decided to reg. thanks guys!