Yellow Peril

Drive recorder first will probably be a more sensible investment then :-)

Did they do steering wheel + gear/handbrake gators? I could live without the seats being changed to leather with stitching I reckon although maybe that would look a little odd.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I had my Yeti redone in nappa with red stiching (very nice it is too!) and it cost me about £1100 including the steering wheel.

Go radical..........yellow leather, with black stitching, with matching steering wheel  :)

Having said that, and knowing my colour sense, that may not be a good idea for someone infinitely more sensible than myself

• Like 1

Go radical..........yellow leather, with black stitching, with matching steering wheel   :)

Having said that, and knowing my colour sense, that may not be a good idea for someone infinitely more sensible than myself

Not so sure about that! :D

• Like 3

I quite like it in yellow, is the engine the other way round?

Yep....

..... it's in the boot  :rofl:

I haven't looked yet. Give me 5 and I'll try and get a pic up, if that's OK Richard?

• Like 1

I quite like it in yellow, is the engine the other way round?

Ah yes - on to the really important question, did Richard get an EA111 or EA211 engine? ;-)

Should be able to tell from the engine code, if it's CBZB then it's the same as mine and not EA211.

Sorry chaps, engine pic will have to wait.

As the car is in transport mode I can't get the passenger door open to release the bonnet :wonder:

Pull the interior handle.

• Like 1

Sorry chaps, engine pic will have to wait.

As the car is in transport mode I can't get the passenger door open to release the bonnet  :wonder:

Too much of a stretch from the driver's seat?  ;)

Pull the interior handle.

I'm not that much of a plonker  :p

As it's in transport mode, only the drivers door opens, the remote won't work until it's been set and there's no keyhole on the passenger side 

Where the interior plastics for the door card end (bottle holder), if the door is shut you can't pull the bonnet release handle far enough to undo the bonnet............

.......... or the suns got to me and I am being a plonker  :think:

• Like 1

.......... or the suns got to me and I am being a plonker  :think:

No, you're right - the passenger door has to be open to pull the release. Someone was complaining about it being 'unsafe' on here a few months ago :think:

I'm not that much of a plonker :p

As it's in transport mode, only the drivers door opens, the remote won't work until it's been set and there's no keyhole on the passenger side

Where the interior plastics for the door card end (bottle holder), if the door is shut you can't pull the bonnet release handle far enough to undo the bonnet............

.......... or the suns got to me and I am being a plonker :think:

I opened all the doors from inside to get the wrap off.... ;)

• Like 3

No, you're right - the passenger door has to be open to pull the release. Someone was complaining about it being 'unsafe' on here a few months ago :think:

Bad design flaw  :(

Bad design flaw :(

I don't mind it personally. Less of an issue than my mk1 Fabia where I had to open the driver's door to pull the release for the boot :-(

does yours have the new softer plastic interior and the rear window controllers on the driver's side?

i like the color a lot!

although i wouldn't prefer it in my country, coz all taxis are yellow in Athens.

does yours have the new softer plastic interior and the rear window controllers on the driver's side?

i like the color a lot!

although i wouldn't prefer it in my country, coz all taxis are yellow in Athens.

I don't think it has the new dash, but it has all four electric window switches on the driver's door.

I don't mind it personally. Less of an issue than my mk1 Fabia where I had to open the driver's door to pull the release for the boot :-(

Doesn't bother me either, I don't often have an agraphobic passenger, so can't open the door when driving along and suddenly decide to check the oil...

I don't think it has the new dash, but it has all four electric window switches on the driver's door.

lucky you!!!

damn...if only i knew this a couple of months earlier...

so, engine is the same as mine, the 8valves 1.2 tsi

Edited by Arabas
  • Like 1

lucky you!!!

damn...if only i knew this a couple of months earlier...

so, engine is the same as mine, the 8valves 1.2 tsi

Yes, looks like current engine.

Not the rumoured 16v one.