Considering a vRS!

Hi all,

I'm Stu, I live just outside Warrington in Newton-le-Willows. My current car is a Mondeo ST. I'm considering a Mk2 Fabia vRS in the coming months but I have a query about the options list.

Which options can be retro fitted at a later date? I'm looking at one as new as poss if not brand new.

I've also heard there was quite a lengthy wait for a new one. Is this still the case?

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, you can still order them!

Like others have answered, it's always better to get them fitted as an option brand new.

But most things like the satnav and the black pack kit can be retro fitted. Will just cost a hell of a lot more unless you buy used parts.

Cracking car, I used to live in Warrington, I was pretty much the only person there with a VRS!

It's true that you don't cross paths with many MK2 vRS' out and about.

I spot Evil Miyagi regularly on the M62 heading in the opposite direction to me and that's it.

I like the exclusivity of the club :rofl:

• Like 1

I think a good percentage of the UK ones are on the roads in Scotland, plenty around all areas

& a then a good few of used and Ex Demos are sitting in Dealerships not selling because the still ask too much for them.

New orders seem to be doing OK though, Much Cheapness still as a new car.

I would suggest ,

Buy the Extended Warranty when ordering its good value, even if only keeping for 3 years, it might help when selling.

george

I was under the impression that the VRS has been dropped from the range? This being the case, you will have to go down the used car route.

Far as I am aware they are very much still being sold.

It has been dropped only in so far as the next gen Fabia allegedly (I still suspect a U-turn) won't have a vRS.

According to TopGear in August and Autocar in September, the Fabia vRS is to be dropped - seemingly as a result of poor sales (TopGear link - Autocar link).

According to Skoda's CEO Winfried Vahland "People want to have the look of a vRS but don't need an engine that they can't afford.  The Fabia vRS was too expensive in Europe, customers wanted the sports seats, the alloys, the bodykit, but they also wanted the functionality of a normal Fabia.  And anyway, if you really want a vRS, get an Octavia."  So there you have it; from the horse's mouth.

I was considering a Fabia vRS on the basis of size and the apparently excellent engine and gearbox.  However in view of people's comments on the quality of the ride and the likelyhood that it is to be dropped from the range I will look elsewhere :(

Edited by vxh26

According to TopGear in August and Autocar in September, the Fabia vRS is to be dropped - seemingly as a result of poor sales (TopGear link - Autocar link).

According to Skoda's CEO Winfried Vahland "People want to have the look of a vRS but don't need an engine that they can't afford.  The Fabia vRS was too expensive in Europe, customers wanted the sports seats, the alloys, the bodykit, but they also wanted the functionality of a normal Fabia.  And anyway, if you really want a vRS, get an Octavia."  So there you have it; from the horse's mouth.

I was considering a Fabia vRS on the basis of size and the apparently excellent engine and gearbox.  However in view of people's comments on the quality of the ride and the likelyhood that it is to be dropped from the range I will look elsewhere :(

Don't want to soundlike an unfriendly forumite or anything but I take it that seen as you are basing your decision on peoples 'comments' on the ride you haven't even driven one to make your own mind up?

As for it being dropped from the range - I read the above as saying that it wasn't the commercial success that Skoda wanted i.e. they realised they can sell more Monte's and this probably suits VAG group as it must be embarassing that a Skoda vRS is dramatically outselling the Polo GTI and Audi A1 with the same drivetrain and engine because it does everything they do at a much better price.

If I was to be put off by anything it would be the potential to get stuck with an oil drinking lemon which has happened to a good few forum members, perhaps fewer with the revised CTHE engine.

But unless you have test driven the car yourself how will you ever know, it could be that as many others have found you can forgive the car some of it's faults because it is such a little firecracker and with a few mods like dealer fit eibachs and a RARB is a hoot to drive and as quick as many sporty cars you will see on the road day to day

• Like 1

If its any consolation I find the ride (and handling) better suited TO ME than an Audi or BMW - the ones I have driven.  Others will claim that this is total rubbish, although it is MY judgement.

Only vxh26 can make the decision if the ride is too hard or the handling too soft based on their expectations.

Edited by philhoward

All Fabia mk2's are being dropped, discontinued, fineeto. no more to buy, gone .

That happens because there is a MK3 Fabia coming,

still no official Skoda Details on Engines, shape anything.

This weeks Auto Express, has that same white mk3 Image used, which i like.  

Love the impression of a mk3 Octavia Coupe.

a Fabia MK3 'Monte Carlo Coupe vRD'   would suit just fine,  maybe.

...or tries one?  I wouldn't be forking out for a new car without driving one first?

Nor would I ;)

However, that doesn't mean that I would entirely discount the opinions of others who have actual experience in a variety of conditions, even if they are complete strangers and/or die-hard fans of a particular car.

All Fabia mk2's are being dropped, discontinued, fineeto. no more to buy, gone .

That happens because there is a MK3 Fabia coming,

a Fabia MK3 'Monte Carlo Coupe vRD'   would suit just fine,  maybe.

Sorry to chop up your post, but, the salient points that you have listed, (from my point of view), I agree with wholeheartedly, and look forward too, with some degree of anticipation (and a large portion of hope, lol).

Hi all,

I'm Stu, I live just outside Warrington in Newton-le-Willows. My current car is a Mondeo ST. I'm considering a Mk2 Fabia vRS in the coming months but I have a query about the options list.

Which options can be retro fitted at a later date? I'm looking at one as new as poss if not brand new.

I've also heard there was quite a lengthy wait for a new one. Is this still the case?

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Stu,

Not too sure about retro fit options but with regards delievery times, I ordered mine at the very end of september and was given week 49 as a build week with delivery estimated mid December - It arrived at the dealers last Friday and I collected it today!  With regards the ride quality that some are commenting on: I  chopped in a Citroen C3 Picasso which i had owned from new. This had awful suspension which 'tramped' and crashed all the way down my slightly uneven road! The VRS glided down it in comparrison. I've yet to give it a good blast but am impressed so far.

Cheers,

Paul.

With regards the ride quality that some are commenting on: I  chopped in a Citroen C3 Picasso which i had owned from new. This had awful suspension which 'tramped' and crashed all the way down my slightly uneven road! The VRS glided down it in comparrison.

Sorry to be negative but I wouldn't be surprised if the ride quality deteriorates significantly over the next few months until it's crashing like an absolute beast. That's what happened to mine, seemed ok at first but deteriorated quicker and worse than any other car I have owned. Very frustrating!

Sorry to be negative but I wouldn't be surprised if the ride quality deteriorates significantly over the next few months until it's crashing like an absolute beast. That's what happened to mine, seemed ok at first but deteriorated quicker and worse than any other car I have owned. Very frustrating!

I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Paul.

Are you able to explain this strange deterioration in ride quality?  I wouldn't have expected the suspension to "run in".  This is the sort of information that makes me reluctant to place too much faith in a relatively short "test drive".