Brisky Hitler's Fabia II VRS is Burning Oil

FUBAR

Excellent Fubar, as a previous owner of Mk II I know exactly how he feels :)

Dare you to repost this though in the Mk II forum :evil:

It already was shortly after I posted here lololol 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299259-brisky-hitlers-fabia-ii-vrs-is-burning-oil/

• Like 1

Fabia owners are not alone  . . .

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/100490-well-documented-1000rr-oil-consumption-issue.html

It would seem that Honda are feeding fireblade owners  the same line in bull****

But, as with Skoda/VAG, the problem isn't confined to performance models - My Fabia saloon twin cam is now at the 1 litre per 600 miles rate of consumption. Its been using this amount of oil since about 30,000 (Its done 56,000 miles).

It's a disgrace.

These emissions must be contributing significantly  to air pollution . . . and oil company profits.

What's the betting that the HMG monitoring apparatus doesn't yet have the capability to monitor.

Skoda/VAG/Honda and whoever else are doing it haven't disputed the figures. So what we are saying here is that a fair proportion of the current generation of cars have significantly worse oil consumption than the previous generation and are causing more pollution and this isn't being monitored or contained.

So in a generations time, lots of people will be pitching up at A & Es with unexplained heavy metal poisoning symptoms and respiratory trouble.

Wonder what Greenpeace are doing about that ?

Nick

• Like 1

Oil consumption is not just the Twinchargers problem, the engines can and are failing,

Skoda, Seat, VW & Audi,

but VAG treat Customers like Mushrooms and are on a Public Denial trip.

Dealerships still telling Owners of faulty cars they will have to pay for an Oil Consumption test if the test shows within Skoda Acceptable levels.

Test carried out over 186 miles (300km) then the amount of oil used multiplied, 

Not carried out the usage over 621 miles (1000 km), or higher than that.

(& some Workshops do not even know the correct weight of 1 litre of 

engine oil, some think it weighs the same as H20.)

Hopefully the Motoring Press and Media will stop allowing VAG to get away with poor Manufacturing, Design or Quality Control.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-had-an-engine-replaced

That is why the Vid is so good.

george

• Like 1

I'd say its a government issue as well.

This fall's under the "Light-touch" regulation crap that we've been fed by successive governments over the last 15 years.

And as we all found out with the City of London financier etc,, it doesn't work.

And it doesn't work to the many's significant and enduring mutual disadvantage. The commercial concerns, in maximising their profits (usually for the benefit of the privileged middle class management class and shareholders), will try and get away with whatever they can do, whether its corrupting the financial system, restricting energy and housing supply and then charging the earth or simply allowing current generation cars to pollute execessively.

On this issue, Car manufacturers need stamping on, big-time - that's irrespective whether it agrees with Lynton's or any other spin-doctor's agendas.

One way to give them a wake-up call is the HMG to tighten-up the MOT pollution momitoring and pull "Type Approval" on certain marks if the manufacturers don't react.

And there's |Greenpeace, who I've always suspected is a branch of HMG (And who has recently been morphed later day SOE), ignoring the current actual  large scale home based pollution issue and ploughing resources into highlighting some future foreign potential pollution and GW problem.

I had the high oil usuage problem since 2007/8 and there are others on here with AUB series engines with the same problem which go back to the early 2000's. Still nothing has been done.

Exactly the same policy as VAG followed with the cylinder head gasket problems with early petrol Golf's - wasn't fixed for 20 years i.e. only when they re-tooled for a new engine range.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick
  • Like 2

Fabia owners are not alone  . . .

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/100490-well-documented-1000rr-oil-consumption-issue.html

It would seem that Honda are feeding fireblade owners  the same line in bull****

But, as with Skoda/VAG, the problem isn't confined to performance models - My Fabia saloon twin cam is now at the 1 litre per 600 miles rate of consumption. Its been using this amount of oil since about 30,000 (Its done 56,000 miles).

It's a disgrace.

These emissions must be contributing significantly  to air pollution . . . and oil company profits.

What's the betting that the HMG monitoring apparatus doesn't yet have the capability to monitor.

Skoda/VAG/Honda and whoever else are doing it haven't disputed the figures. So what we are saying here is that a fair proportion of the current generation of cars have significantly worse oil consumption than the previous generation and are causing more pollution and this isn't being monitored or contained.

So in a generations time, lots of people will be pitching up at A & Es with unexplained heavy metal poisoning symptoms and respiratory trouble.

Wonder what Greenpeace are doing about that ?

Nick

Ironically it was due to the Fireblade that I made this video after getting the idea from a Honda one on a biker forum I frequent.