How easy is it to change the oil filter on the Fabis vRS?

As question.  If I buy a new vRS, I would like to drain the oil, change the oil filter and fill (3.6L) with new oil fairly early in its life; how accessible is the oil filter?  Come to that, how accessible is the sump plug?

Very Easy,

the oil filter is right at the top of the engine and the Sump Plug is right at the bottom. 

Use a new Sump Plug.

Do you mean buy a New one & change the oil at 5,000 miles or so,

or a New to you used one?

Have you been and driven one yet?

Thanks for that.  Brand new car, I would never buy a second-hand vRS and I would be inclined to change the oil at 1,000 miles.

Some of the cars I have owned have had the oil filter so well hidden that you need to be double-jointed and have armoured knuckles to change them.  Do you mean fit a new "sump-plug" or sump-plug washer?

• Like 1

There is an engine picture here, Filter next to Blue Washer Fluid cap.

Sump Plug.

Personally i can see no reason to change a modern engines oil at 1000 mile.

maybe at 5,000 if you really want to,

but if using it normally and not for track or Motorsport i would not bother.

It comes with oil suitable for Variable Servicing and up to 19,000 miles or so.

I would get it put on Fixed Servicing unless you do high miles annually.

http://carproductstested.com/cars/2013-skoda-fabia-vrs-hatch-review-supercharged-turbod-pocket-rocket-will-eat-many-tyres

• Like 1

Thanks for that gonephishing, the oil filter seems very accessible - an an interesting review with lots of pictures.  I'm just a coward and four litres of oil, a replacement filter and a sump plug aren't all that expensive.

I would not change the oil just in case it uses a lot. As they could say any oil issues are not covered  by warranty  as you have changed the oil and filter and not the dealers