18" Wheels on Fabia II

Yes there are some that have fitted 18"rims.

the A1 Competition Sport Line is on 225/35 R 18 tyres.

The vRS i have seen have stretched 215/35 R18 tyres,

So wheels are easy to get, VAG 18's, 5 x100 with the correct ET & Centre Bore.

but you need to stick with tyres near the Rolling Radius/Total Diameter of the 205/40 R17's.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

http://alloywheels.com

Yes there are some that have fitted 18"rims.

the A1 Competition Sport Line is on 225/35 R 18 tyres.

The vRS i have seen have stretched 215/35 R18 tyres,

So wheels are easy to get, VAG 18's, 5 x100 with the correct ET & Centre Bore.

but you need to stick with tyres near the Rolling Radius/Total Diameter of the 205/40 R17's.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyres-size-calculator

http://alloywheels.com

Thanks! I was looking at dimensions 215/35/18. I will report if i will buy it. :)

Why?

Just why?

Really good offer. :rofl:

The Tuscan I had ten years ago had 225 35 18 front tyres,that depth looked minute back then....and,yes,the roads were in far better shape than now.

18inch

2_zps81473866.jpg

19inch

471189_296443737100826_2063020235_o_zps6

I don't know about dimensions but I've seen Fabias putting on 18" and even 19" with no problem.

I can understand that the car will look sexier but some issues will arise and you should take them into account:

1. Your Monte hasn't got the pulling power of these vRSs so an 18" set will slow you down... a lot!

2. Consumption will rise.

3. Comfort will be compromised.

4. The car's joints due to the bigger weight will get "tired" quickly.

5. and finally, aesthetically your brakes (if you haven't upgraded them yet) will look tiny inside 18" wheels.

If I was you I would find a good 17" wheel to match the car. There are many examples out there.

• Like 3

32KOFDATA - why do you say it will slow him down and consumption will rise?

Is an extra inch of wheel diameter (and corresponding drop in tyre sidewall) going to add that much weight?

As long as the rolling radius is kept the same, then it should be fine (in theory).

BUT

I think the 205/40/17 tyres have at least part of the blame for the hard/brittle ride qualities on my Monte, so dropping another sidewall size (to a xxx/35/18) would only make that worse, as you say in point 3.  And the correlation is point 4, as your car gets shaken to death!

Many Montes come with 16" wheels so in our friend's case he could be going 2 sizes up. The difference in speed and consumption will certainly be felt.

Do not forget also the price of tires at 18" inches and the fact that you will no longer have a spare at the back because an 18" will not fit.

The drawbacks are too many in my opinion to go that way but at the end of the day it is just my opinion.

Ah... ok.  In the UK, they're all 17" and don't come with a spare.

So i have a standard steel spare.  Better than being stranded.

If it was a jump from 16" to 18", then yes.

• Like 1

No sense here,

i have a 18" wheels sitting with tyres on ,

and the spare steel/tyre with the same rolling circumference and total diameter as the spare and tyre that is for the 17" or 18" rims and tyres.

The vRS in the UK comes with 17" wheels  like the Monte does,

and the standard spare is a 15" Steel wheel/tyre in the vRS.

I have a 17" with 215/40 in the Spare wheel well, 

and another one on top of that.

Slight tangent: I was looking at BBS Motorsport wheels the other morning (on the 05-horrific dog walk).  The type fitted to Golf Edition 30s.

Actual ones are 18", but one ebay trader was doing replicas, including in black with polished rim, in 17".

I WANT these on my Monte...afraid I can't send a link, but there weren't that many on ebay under BBS Motorsport.

I was looking at the BBS CH 18" 5x100 ... I forgoted the ET number and tyre dimension is 215/35/18, I think it would be perfect. On my monte i have original 17" 205/40/17, and i think i will stay for at least one season with original ones and maybe next year i will buy some BBS wheels.

No sense here,

i have a 18" wheels sitting with tyres on ,

and the spare steel/tyre with the same rolling circumference and total diameter as the spare and tyre that is for the 17" or 18" rims and tyres.

The vRS in the UK comes with 17" wheels  like the Monte does,

and the standard spare is a 15" Steel wheel/tyre in the vRS.

I have a 17" with 215/40 in the Spare wheel well, 

and another one on top of that.

As I said an 18" will not fit in the well the rest is correct as you say.

I think George's point was that a 205/40/17 should be the same size as a 205 or 215/35/18 and therefore will fit in the well.  Maybe the extra 10mm on the 215 will mean it isn't flush.

Maybe that's another reason the Monte doesn't get a spare - the 185 steelie I have (or whatever size it is) fits, but maybe a 205 or bigger doesn't fit flush.

I see his point, it is clear, but I never spoke about other diameters. I clearly commented that an 18" will not fit.

If someone for example got a set of 5 18" wheels for the 5th one to play the role of spare it would not fit.