Newb to Skoda...

Dannytsi

Hi, been lurking around the forums unregistered for about a week after I bought my Mk2 Fabia vrs last week.

I'm new to Skoda but not to VAG having owned a Mk1 Leon FR+ TDI and also a Mk2 Leon FR550 which I traded in for the Fabia.

Ownership hasn't started off well, 3 days after picking it up I got the dreaded "Check oil level" warning message. It had just been serviced so thought nothing of it, thinking only that the dealer hadn't put enough oil in it and topped it up by almost a litre before the warning went off. Saturday morning I got the same message so alarm bells started ringing so bought another bottle of oil and took it back to the dealer. I was aware before I bought it about the oil consumption but hoped I would be one of the lucky ones. No such luck. Two litres of oil in a week is anything but luck. All the mechanics had gone home but the service manager was still there. He told me to come back today and we'd do an oil consumption test.

So today I went back to the dealer, they made sure it had the correct amount of oil in it and told me to come back after 100 miles which I did in a couple of hours. Worst fears were confirmed, it had lost a "significant amount of oil after 100 miles". It is now booked in for next monday for either a strip down of the engine for either a rebuild or replacement.   :'(

I should have known it was using excessive oil because the back of the car was spotted in black oily marks.

On a plus note, I love the way it drives and took me no time to get used to the DSG 'box after only having owned manual cars. It literally makes me grin like a Cheshire cat everytime I get in and drive it! It may not be the quickest thing in the world but it has serious fun factor! For all out speed kicks I also have a Focus ST-3 running Revo Stage 2 at 322bhp though the vRS is quicker from a standing start. ;)

Here's hoping things get fixed soon!