super unleaded and normal.

Mine has a slight lumpy idle from cold start on choke occadonally. As soon as a little revs applied it goes silky smooth. The issue only lasts 20 seconds occasionally then silky smooth. The dealer recommend this as its recenty had new plugs and ecu update 5k ago.

What choke?

Do you mean when it starts on the fast idle of 1,100 rpm, before dropping to 800 rpm.

But what is every 4th tank being a lower Octane fuel going to do to change that ?

Was it The Dealer,

or a Master Technician in the Dealership that gave the advice?

If you don't use Shell V-Power already, I'd recommend that you put a tank of Shell V-Power in every 4 tanks of regular or Tesco Momentum.

I believe the V-Power contains additives that will help keep the fuel system clean.

I suggest you do not use Shell V-Power Nitro  and just try to keep to Tesco Momentum 99.

Or other Super Unleaded fuels but they might be 97 ron.

Shell V-Power Nitro has additives,

as does Tesco Momentum 99.

Everyone with Rough Start up or a Failed engine when asked "do you use 98/99 ron fuel ?"

says,

'I have always used Shell V-Power'

Never heard anyone say, i only use Tesco Momentum , in those similar circumstances.

Plenty say, it runs better on Shell V-Power!

The fuel system does not need a clean,.  possibly detergents with the like of Sodium in them. IMO.

Just Good Plugs and a good ECU update & good oil with the 98 ron fuel should work just fine.

http://www.tescopfs.com/our-fuel/specifications

Maybe someone can find the specifications of Shell V-Power Nitro & post it.

What do you mean by lumpy idle?

I've reported a bit of an erratic rocking sensation when idling from cold but have not been able to demonstrate it to the dealer obviously as it is intermittent and only on a cold engine start.

The same as yours a slight erratic rocking sensation on cold idle when on choke on cold engine start. Lasts for about 20s and if you apply a little gas goes slicky smooth. But as its occasionally i wont do it on demand. Ive tried 4 tanks of momentum and still the same so back on v power. The dealer said that super unleaded will cause the pistons to burn out and it causes too much clogging up on the head. I thought this would be the opposite as it has cleaners in it. Any way he said one tank in 4 use regualer unleaded. If this is the case why would skoda recommend 98 ron.

Stick with minimum Manufacture recommendation , as they will be using this as an out soon when oil consumption check says - New Engine!

Thats what im going to do. Vpower or momentum. More vpower though as i pass one in the way to work. I suppose the plugs couldnt be causing this slight erratic issue which is occasional. In addition when i went in i asked about adjusting the xds settings to the middle in which he said this can be only done if thr car is mapped and would void the warrenty. I thought this was a standard option with the xds through vagcom.

Get a different dealer. Nothing that could be done through vcds/vagcom wont void the warranty I dont think although fine to be corrected if it can. But I know for definate you can change the steering/brake assist so I assume its the same for the xds settings....dont think sharkriders is mapped as his is the cthe I believe.

VRSMick,

whoever you talk to at the Garage should have a spot at an 'Open Mike Night' at some Comedy Club.

Is this some Technician or the Service Desk giving advice.

A Remap will void a warranty ?

a XDS reset will not, & no Remap is required for anyone to change the XDS or Steering Assist,

but then probably no point doing a change unless you are able to change back or re-adjust it,

if not to your liking.

Stick with minimum Manufacture recommendation , as they will be using this as an out soon when oil consumption check says - New Engine!

Skoda will be asking owners to present petrol receipts next, to cover their warranty asses.

• Like 1

Mines completely standard and i would assume xds etc can be adjusted within skodas gift. But in my case apperantly not. However as the car will never see a track (leave that for the bike) i suppose turning the tc off will suffice. The us i always forget to and the tc etc..... zaps all the power... can be embrasing in xertain situations.

The dealer said using super will cause the pistons to burn out? Are they having a laugh? Walk away, don't look back and find another dealership ASAP!

• Like 1

The dealer don't know **** all about these cars which I find really frustrating,me and swmbo traded our 11plate vrs for a new one and when I asked him about fuel his response was just use 95ron and he wouldn't listen when I tried explaining why this was a bad idea. And to top it off when I asked how the Bluetooth worked none of them could figure it out,I manged to figure it out myself when I got home lol

Are you willing to name and shame the dealer in question? If not, then can you please report their irresponsible advice to Skoda UK as they deserve to lose their franchise.

Burnt pistons could be caused by additive laden high octane fuels back in the non electronically fueled and ignition timed days. With modern electronic control of boost, fuelling and ignition timing this should never occur. Even if a critical sensor fails the engine management system should reduce performance to prevent damage, this could go as far as stopping the engine if required.

You should see I started a poll a little while ago on members' opinions of which of the two UK available Skoda compliant fuels works best for their vRS. I have an opinion which I want validated and it'll be interesting to see if I'm correct.

some of them really are stupid aren't they?! honestly... I'm not even going to comment on whats been said so I dont get mad! (not at the posters, at the dealers ignorance!)

I had my vRS servicd today at border cars, lillyhall, (today) and spent most of the time talking to a young man (mid 20's?) who nearly bought my old vRS (salesman in the skoda dept.) about RARB's ect..... he used to have a clio 197 on 888's ect ect ... always chats to me when I'm in about how my cars doing, what I've done to it, when I was last on track ect :) nice to have some enthusiasm, which will help with his ability to do the job!!!!

note:! important for speculation, we were talking about the new engine in the plo GTI ect .... biggest gossip is, HE said there was talk of a rapid spaceback vRS?!?!?!

watch this space! lol...

he ALSO said, give it a couple of years to sell the basic models, and a fabia vRS will doubless come along too, as VAG will have made all the relavent parts ;)

Are you willing to name and shame the dealer in question? If not, then can you please report their irresponsible advice to Skoda UK as they deserve to lose their franchise.

Burnt pistons could be caused by additive laden high octane fuels back in the non electronically fueled and ignition timed days. With modern electronic control of boost, fuelling and ignition timing this should never occur. Even if a critical sensor fails the engine management system should reduce performance to prevent damage, this could go as far as stopping the engine if required.

You should see I started a poll a little while ago on members' opinions of which of the two UK available Skoda compliant fuels works best for their vRS. I have an opinion which I want validated and it'll be interesting to see if I'm correct.

Are you able to disclose your opinion on this as yet? And/or when will we find out if you are correct on your opinion?

some of them really are stupid aren't they?! honestly... I'm not even going to comment on whats been said so I dont get mad! (not at the posters, at the dealers ignorance!)

I had my vRS servicd today at border cars, lillyhall, (today) and spent most of the time talking to a young man (mid 20's?) who nearly bought my old vRS (salesman in the skoda dept.) about RARB's ect..... he used to have a clio 197 on 888's ect ect ... always chats to me when I'm in about how my cars doing, what I've done to it, when I was last on track ect :) nice to have some enthusiasm, which will help with his ability to do the job!!!!

note:! important for speculation, we were talking about the new engine in the plo GTI ect .... biggest gossip is, HE said there was talk of a rapid spaceback vRS?!?!?!

watch this space! lol...

he ALSO said, give it a couple of years to sell the basic models, and a fabia vRS will doubless come along too, as VAG will have made all the relavent parts ;)

Following a conversation with my service manager chap. He was saying to me that a fabia vrs will be made eventually. As like you said all the parts will be there. Also was on about every model having some sort of 'vrs/sport' line. Except for the yeti.

Wonder how long it will be then....

These guys in Skoda Dealerships really are up to Derren Brown standards of predictions these days.

Unfortunately they never know any facts or details though about future models,  

they would probably be better sticking with the here and now and studying the vehicles currently on sale.

Pick up on faults and failures coming into their Dealership, tell Skoda UK,

and ask them to eliminate them from the cars in the planning.

george