Roomster DSG DQ200 Skoda Service Campaign & action required or not.

Following from Fabia owners being told when having their cars serviced, they require

a DSG Oil change from Synthetic to Mineral oil as part of a Service Campaign,

?

Does this apply to any Roomsters with DSG?

There are 2 recent threads in the Fabia 2 section.

& these were the vehicles Skoda New Zealand said last year would require action .

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

At least on my Roomster (1.2 TSI 105 DSG, MY 2011) this job was done when it was in for service about a month ago. They had also upgraded the DSG firmware.

This happend in Finland.

• Like 1

At least on my Roomster (1.2 TSI 105 DSG, MY 2011) this job was done when it was in for service about a month ago. They had also upgraded the DSG firmware.

This happend in Finland.

So does that mean you are a month ahead of the UK "Field Campaign" letter being issued?

• Like 1

So does that mean you are a month ahead of the UK "Field Campaign" letter being issued?

There was no letter issued in Finland, the upgrade was done when the car was in for other service. I was only told about this when I left the car at the workshop. As I am interested in cars (obviously, since I am hanging around here as well) I knew about this campaign since last autumn, but as Finland is not high risk area for the DSG problems, the fixes are carried out as cars are maintained, and not extra workshop visit is needed.

There is no such thing as VW/Skoda make out, 

High Risk Countries.  Its is a World Wide Action so they must know that the DQ200 any place can 

have 'Interruption to power', or 'Loss of Power and Drive'.

No matter if it is an Ambient Temperature in Australia of 40 *oC,  or in the UK or Finland of 28 *0C

Your Indicated Engine Oil might reach 110*oC or above and your DSG will be pretty much at the same Temperature regardless of which Continent you are living in.

New Zealands weather is not so much different from many, -10*0C -  30*0C,.  and sometimes wet.

Yet, they did a proper Service Campaign/Recall Type where cars went in regardless of if being serviced.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

Skoda in Europe are trying a 'Silent Campaign',  or possibly a 'Budget Campaign'.

& dont ruin our reputation by making it Public Campaign.

*The vehicles in the UK that are part of the Service Campaign to change the Oil in the DSG & do an ECU update are not only 2009-2011.*

Some have been told their 2010-11 cars do not require it an 2012-2013 cars are being given the 'Field Action'.