Leaking Shock

Noticed when I was having wheels changed about that my passenger front one is weeping. Is it a warranty claim? Car has done 34000 miles.

If not I could go down the route of better ones. I have the dealer Eibach's ready to collect but what shock would go best with them? I'm hoping I can claim for it but I'm not sure

Hmm bit of a tricky one as could be classed as a "wear and tear" item under warranty so might not be covered, unless the shock was absurdly damaged due to faulty manufacturing.

Depends how much you want to spend? 

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/fabia2/st-suspension-sport-shocks-skoda-fabia-mk2-5j#

You have three options that I have seen for our cars.

Bilstein B8 (these are offered as part of the Eibach pro kit)

KW ST

and Koni FSD dampers.

Newbie69 has the Bilsteins on

I will have the KW St's shortly mated to some H&R Springs

no reviews seen as yet of the FSD's

I beleve Th3Grinch has had a suspension issue of your variety and Skoda dealer claimed wear and tear, to which I said to him "happy days", now go out and uprate them :)

Whilst you are doing the dampers, our cars can accept the Seat Leon Cupra R uprated stiffer top mounts which could give more control on a lowered car.  I have some ready to go on supplied by Sere Motors.

• Like 1

I beleve Th3Grinch has had a suspension issue of your variety and Skoda dealer claimed wear and tear, to which I said to him "happy days", now go out and uprate them :)

This!

So where is best to get Bilstein B8's from? Will these be fine with the Skoda Eibachs, which on the estate are 20mm on front and 15mm rear. Is there also any geometry settings that would be better?

When you say Leon Cupra R top mounts, which one? The one based on the Mk1 Octy or Mk2?

Check my thread Martyn, there is a picture.

I believe they are Mk1 Cupra R it was Alex at AKS who recommended them and David at Sere checked the part on the std car and it was exactly the same as the post 2010 vRS so we can uprate to the Cupra R option. He was blown away that they were still parts recycle binning such an old shape part.

These should be firmer but perhaps not as harsh as Powerflex

For my money AKS Tuning, DPM or Awesome are your best bets for a good price on the Bilstein

• Like 1

Noticed when I was having wheels changed about that my passenger front one is weeping. Is it a warranty claim? Car has done 34000 miles.

If not I could go down the route of better ones. I have the dealer Eibach's ready to collect but what shock would go best with them? I'm hoping I can claim for it but I'm not sure

You can try a warranty claim but I doubt you will succeed....at 10 k miles perhaps a defective item but at 34k Skoda will no doubt say normal wear and tear.

Yeh they probably wont be interested in a warranty claim. They weren't with me. So as Sparkly says, perfect excuse to uprate them. Thats the way im going. Think there is an unwritten rule with skoda at the moment. "The fabia vrs is costing us too much so everything comes under wear and tear"

http://skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf

But Dampers (Shock Absorbers) are fair enough to come under Wear & Tear or External Environmental Damage clauses. IMO.

ie

Pot Holes, Speed Hump type damage.

(worth checking the Springs to see they are OK, when a Damper gives up.)

Its not many here with vRS's that have reported having had a Damper Fail,

that is in Comparison to how many that have had new engines fitted.

Manufacturing Faults & Design Faults or Components are certainly things that Warranty & Goodwill should cover,

but where & tear or External Damage has happened, i think you need to just suck it up & maybe upgrade.

george