Fabia VRS oil consumption..........What is acceptable?

more than 600 miles per litre, you are on your own 

less than 600 miles per litre strap in, its going to be a bullsh1t fest for the next few weeks 

I have decided it's less hassle to keep putting the oil in.  I get about 370miles to 0.5litre and it goes back in 18 months, then Skoda twin chargers are no more. BTW it's a CTHE with 12,000 on the clock.

My CAVE was the same.

• Like 2

I have decided it's less hassle to keep putting the oil in.  I get about 370miles to 0.5litre and it goes back in 18 months, then Skoda twin chargers are no more. BTW it's a CTHE with 12,000 on the clock.

My CAVE was the same.

Keep all your oil receipts and put in a goodwill claim (regularly) for the oil used and miles covered. 

Raise a case no. anyway to get it on Skoda UK CS records, submitting the Goodwill claim to them via the Skoda UK website.

• 3 weeks later...

Look forward to some very positive news for you and Mum soon!

StirlingMG

What's your latest - any joy for you both?

Edited by vrskeith

Quick update on our fabia, engine changed on September 24 2014 (CAVE) and has now covered 2500 miles since the change. I checked first thing this morning and am delighted to say it doesn't appear to have lost/ used any oil whatsoever, so for those wondering about pursuing Skoda in order to get the car the way it should be, it looks from my own experience to be worth it.

Prior to the change we were using something like a half litre of oil every 387 miles, we have now covered 6 times that distance without a single drop being added or needed. So I would say to those wondering, hang in there and pursue them, endure their game playing and denials, get the engine and enjoy!

Good luck SterlingMG and others.

• Like 4

Quick update on our fabia, engine changed on September 24 2014 (CAVE) and has now covered 2500 miles since the change. I checked first thing this morning and am delighted to say it doesn't appear to have lost/ used any oil whatsoever, so for those wondering about pursuing Skoda in order to get the car the way it should be, it looks from my own experience to be worth it.

Prior to the change we were using something like a half litre of oil every 387 miles, we have now covered 6 times that distance without a single drop being added or needed. So I would say to those wondering, hang in there and pursue them, endure their game playing and denials, get the engine and enjoy!

Good luck SterlingMG and others.

excellent. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Folks

Sorry for the lack of reports but after taking 7 weeks to give us an answer in a fortnight :wonder:  the dealers took the car back in for the head of aftermarket warranty to come & inspect it (I thought he did it last time) they have decided the way forward is to replace the engine.....................................REEEEEEEEZULT

Hello Folks

Sorry for the lack of reports but after taking 7 weeks to give us an answer in a fortnight :wonder:  the dealers took the car back in for the head of aftermarket warranty to come & inspect it (I thought he did it last time) they have decided the way forward is to replace the engine.....................................REEEEEEEEZULT

WORTH WAITING FOR.

Great news for you and your Mum.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year- StirlingMG & Mum!!

Well done!

Edited by vrskeith

Aye it took a while but......................he who waits is great

My mother is absolutely over the moon, maybe she can now start to enjoy the car for what it is (once it's been done)..........................she's really taken to the DSG & the spritely performance & loves the car despite it's illness. You couldn't safely plan a road trip the way it was as you'd have to keep stopping for a drink.

I just cant believe the first owner has never done anything about it previously but the first mention of it in the car's history is just after my mum bought it & complained...........................cant believe there's only 3 months left on the warranty now, it's dragged on for so long.

Took my Partners vRS for a Sunday morning spin, to do the Fuel ,water ,air and oil checks, before she embarked on a longish trip up North to see her family before Christmas.

God, that was a fun drive back to her place ,reminding myself what fun it can be, with this car,having smooth running (CTHE)engine.

Now she is off to the North Midlands,she to can have some fun behind the wheel.

Oh! No oil top required , in the last 9000 mile - very good.

Hello Folks

SterlingMG,

Don't forget to follow up after Christmas, to Skoda UK CS,with your Oil receipt reimbursement and the request for extended warranty on the new engine and for installation risk of damage. Labour and material cost covered for at least 1 year.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Yes.

Look at the 'are people being treated consistently thread',  down the page or next page from me bumping it a few days ago.

Skoda Customer Services have been required by owners often enough to extend the Warranty.

Obviously they say no when asked,

but then they are chancers.

EDIT  On page 3 tonight.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

No receipts for the oil, I have my sources :D

Interesting....................is it likely that they'll give further warranty?

Yes, engine on my wife's car changed in September this year, Skoda UK have given 2 years warranty on the engine from date of change plus 12 months labour covered under warranty from same date. Having said that, I'm still waiting to establish what effect that extension of warranty has on me trying to buy extended warranty to cover parts other than engine, it seems to have confused the warranty folk as to how much they ought to charge given the engine is covered by the extension but DSG for example isn't.

StirlingMG, thoroughly delighted for you and your mum that your mum's car will get a replacement engine, the wait will have been worth it and you'll get the car you should have had from the outset, which is a very decent wee all rounder that has a bit of dig about it. Looking back I can see it was your thread that I gatecrashed to obtain advice on where to start, I'm sorry that it has taken this long for you to get to this position. Another example of the dealers and Skoda "hingin the p" as we would say.

Unfortunately, based on recent number of posts on a couple of Vrs owners facebook pages, I suspect the number of those owners encountering oil consumption issues is still increasing, and again unfortunately most of those asking seem to have cars that are either just about out of warranty or actually are out of warranty and are now with 2nd or even 3rd owners. I really feel for those folk, we were very fortunate to have warranty left.

As an aside, on one of those forums, a Skoda Master Tech bravely outed himself to engage in the debate around the 1.4tsi engines, saying he had changed 5 himself this year alone. Didn't try to deny the existence of issues either, but did tread the skoda line of tolerances etc.

• Like 1

SterlingMG,

Photo please of you ,Mum and the vRS with the New Engine please!

You could start a New vRS thread.

"Is My Mum THE OLDEST vRS Owner / Driver" in UK & GLOBAL!?

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

My car has done just over 2000miles in a bit less than a couple of months since my car was serviced and the other day I had the low oil warning light come on. Luckily I always carry a spare litre of oil in my boot

• Like 1

Was 1 Litre added actually enough to have the correct amount of oil in again?

The light went out George, that' about it I guess, until dipping next day?

The light will have gone out with 0.5 litres added, so that means nothing.

1 litre might not be enough in.

A light does not normally show 1 litre low if it starts off with 3.6 litres in, so best Cold Dip and see where it is at now.

I know ! Just joking - honest.

I recon that if you took Skoda to court, stating that anything better than 0.5 litre to 1000 km was not acceptable to you they would point out that the manual states the probable oil consumption as such.

So you would not win; anyone tried it?