2 days to go..and it's gone

Just to add to the mpg - in order to correlate the reported mpg, I actually reset the trip at the last fill.  On the way here, I noticed 180 miles elapsed and reporting a range of 270 miles to go which ties in.  I'll report back on its last fill up in my custody..

• Like 1

Not going over 70mph this morning (as one shouldn't  :notme: ) and accelerating gently, got 51.4mpg this morning..exactly the same as a colleague got from a new Passat TDi.

• Like 1

Well, I got 457 miles with allegedly 10 miles left from the last tank.

I gather it's already been sold into the trade, so expect it to appear somewhere in the Bedfordshire area before long.

Edited by philhoward
  • Like 1

Wifey questioned me choosing another Race Blue Estate - thought no-one would think I'd got a new car.

It's bigger and the number plate is different to start with  :notme:

• Like 1

You are probably buying the best value for money family car available today. May I wish you a (green with envy) GOOD LUCK.!

Harry.

Edited by horkin
  • Like 1

Thanks, Harry.

Still keeping with the theme - 1.4, forced induction, DSG Race Blue Estate.  In this case, one that can tow the caravan....  Still got the same peak torque figure of 250Nm though :D

If we'd have seen your car for sale, I think SWMBO would be driving it rather than a Citigo (as we started looking for a DSG Fabia) and I think the yellow would have pleased her!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now up for sale: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406265325786 for sale at 1k more than I was offered it for.  Not much haggle room there, if they've had the wheels refinished as they did have a bit of kerbing.

What the advert doesn't say:

Bluetooth fitted (by me)

New engine fitted at 22k

Had a front end collision with a Wild Boar October 2013.  No issue with the repairs though (bar a weeping radiator which was replaced earlier this year).

Not sure why it's had an MoT - it's not even 2 years old yet!

Twas a good old bus though..

Still got the winter tyres on though - never got the summers put back on it before it went.. :x

Lordy that's cheap,

I think that once again puts paid to any thoughts of me shifting my car - 2010 plate with a few tasteful mods and 50k on the clock.

By these prices I would be lucky to get 5 grand for it. :envy:  :x  :sweat:

Don't forget that as it's over 60k, the Skoda warranty has now expired.  IF needed, they have it on their system that at 22k it had a new engine, cat and turbo (burnt valve), so you might have some goodwill/leverage if the worst happens.

Grab a bargain if you want an Estate as they've stopped building them now..

And before George asks, no - it hasn't had the DSG service campaign yet.

How did I get to 61k in under 2 years?  Mostly driving to Germany and back for 18 months...

• Like 1

Good shout on letting sleeping dogs lie with the DSG.

If Skoda can not be bothered to tell people it can not be important.!!  'What is the worst that can happen'. 

If they dont tell owners anything needs doing, it will have to be Goodwill Gestures on their part for a long time as long as owners 

are following the Manuafacturers Servicing Schedule Guidelines.

• 2 weeks later...

I did have a look at that thread, George.  Nothing rings a bell.  I had no noises, just a sudden loss of a cylinder.

It was the garage who suggested the turbo and cat needed replacing and (I assume) SUK paid up - might have gone direct to the factory as the car was in Belgium at the time.  Engine was shipped from Germany, not the UK though, that much I do remember.  The reason for the turbo and cat replacement was the fact a bit of valve had gone missing and they couldn't easily find it...it was precautionary, apparently.

Maybe they didn't fancy the idea of it failing again outside the UK...

• Like 1