Bluespark review. happy!

Went to bluespark today and they fitted the tuning box for me took aboutten mins even though the engine was warm. Cost£125 all in as they have an offer on at the moment. Left it on the base setting which is "c" and test drove it. Well a noticeable difference straight away. 3rd seems like 2nd acceleration wise. And the gears pull right throught the rev range. After couple hours i put the setting on "D" one off the end . Cant stop smiling feels like a different car. My engine is the cthe engine and felt nippy to start with. This has realy give the car a different feel. The speedo needle moves in one quick motion as it goes through the gears. Very happy . No engine lights or hesitation. Bluespark were very helpful and i would recommend. Mid range and topend have improved. Car feels like it just wants to keep on pulling.

• Like 3

Hi,I have a cthe vrs and did various 0-60 stopwatch runs a couple of days ago and got between 6.1 seconds and 6.5 seconds in d mode with me and girlfriend in car and I only use tesco 99 fuel I and curious what times you would get as when my warranty runs out I am after a tuning box thanks.(bluespark or tmc).

Just a small point. 

recording 0-62 times where you decide to go,  is rather different from Track & Drag times where you are reacting to a Light, flag, dropped arm etc.

Traffic light Grand Prix if you are doing that needs reaction to the Lights, & the rules of the Public Highway, 

so getting to 62 mph in 6 seconds when you decide to floor the throttle is not quite the same.

& even vRS fitted with a tuning box is liable to get its butt kicked if the Traffic Light Grand Prix is to 40 mph.

the 0-30 or o-40 is hardly amazing CAVE or CTHE.

Maybe time the 0-40 time..

• Like 1

it will improve the o-60 , but not by much, if you look at the graphs with the box fitted there are bigger gains mid-range, basically, 0-60 will feel similar, but overtaking, coming off roundabouts ect , will feel like a HUGE difference ;)

• Like 4

I read somewhere about bluespark boxes meant for Mexican or Brazilian market. They looked different and were sold through fleebay exclusively. 

What was interesting there was detailed description of how those boxes operate. Bluespark chap wrote that they have safety cut-offs at low revs (box will not operate low revs) and high revs (cuts off meddling with signals at around 6k rpm but I might be wrong) so what sharkrider wrote is spot on. Another interesting thing was that those Brazilian market boxes had another adjustment on the box governing where those cut offs were suppose to happen. You could in such a situation increase the operating window of the box giving it more top end as well at a risk of engine failure where boost and fuelling would go outside specs. 

I read somewhere about bluespark boxes meant for Mexican or Brazilian market. They looked different and were sold through fleebay exclusively. 

What was interesting there was detailed description of how those boxes operate. Bluespark chap wrote that they have safety cut-offs at low revs (box will not operate low revs) and high revs (cuts off meddling with signals at around 6k rpm but I might be wrong) so what sharkrider wrote is spot on. Another interesting thing was that those Brazilian market boxes had another adjustment on the box governing where those cut offs were suppose to happen. You could in such a situation increase the operating window of the box giving it more top end as well at a risk of engine failure where boost and fuelling would go outside specs.

Yeah thats the tmc boxes on ebay. Going to get mine on the dyno see what it makes.
  • Like 1

Went to bluespark today and they fitted the tuning box for me took aboutten mins even though the engine was warm. Cost£125 all in as they have an offer on at the moment. Left it on the base setting which is "c" and test drove it. Well a noticeable difference straight away. 3rd seems like 2nd acceleration wise. And the gears pull right throught the rev range. After couple hours i put the setting on "D" one off the end . Cant stop smiling feels like a different car. My engine is the cthe engine and felt nippy to start with. This has realy give the car a different feel. The speedo needle moves in one quick motion as it goes through the gears. Very happy . No engine lights or hesitation. Bluespark were very helpful and i would recommend. Mid range and topend have improved. Car feels like it just wants to keep on pulling.

wow £125 where was that from just looked on there site but it's at the full price
  • Like 1

Got mine for the same discount price on ebay. If you call them up and order they offered me the eBay discount anyway.

WalterWilson, post up your results on the TMC or BLURSPARK for VRS thread, mines going on the rollers soon too. Will be interesting to see what the consistency is like. Could you do a before and after run as mine stock was 176.8bhp.

It was a bit unnerving being the first vrs I'm aware of to have the bluespark box but it's still a thumbs up from me considering the price compared to the tmc box. Iirc the tmc takes you to 207-211bhp so if I get 200 I'll be happy enough.

Edited by mrburdon123
  • Like 1

Walter, post up your results on the TMC or BLURSPARK for VRS thread, mines going on the rollers soon too. Will be interesting to see what the consistency is like. Could you do a before and after run as mine stock was 176.8bhp.

It was a bit unnerving being the first vrs I'm aware of to have the bluespark box but it's still a thumbs up from me considering the price compared to the tmc box. Iirc the tmc takes you to 207-211bhp so if I get 200 I'll be happy enough.

Going to ring local dyno tomorrow see if i can get booked in. Powerwise im very happy. Had a play with a golf r32 yesterday and kept up no problem at all but when the bend came he was off. If this handled like i want it too i would of been stuck to his bumper. rarb and lowering springs are a must now. The car hops all over the road going into s bend. Makes me realise how well my ep3 type r handled as standard . Handling on these is shocking

I think someone mentioned that he was going to offer his vrs for bluespark to do some more rnd work so in the future they may get up to the tmc mark.

Who says that it isnt upto tmc mark?. They use an extra sensor that bluespark dont and after talking to them they said its not needed.

• Like 1

Thats what I got from the chap when I called too. Also as BS isnt tuv apporved.

Im just going off quoted max gains. Tmc - 222bhp BS - 207bhp.

The only real reservation I have is if the knock sensor fails, is the false signal from the box going to allow the ecu to compensate and stop many bad things from happening? Saying that, does the tmc box switch off its map to turn all tweeking off as that would be able to know if the sensor had stopped working?

Edited by mrburdon123

wow £125 where was that from just looked on there site but it's at the full price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Fabia-RS-Yeti-Roomster-Rapid-1-2-1-4-1-8-TSI-TFSI-Petrol-tuning-chip-box-/251581416139?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a936bc2cb

This is the best thing i have done to the car so far.

especially for the price...

Got mine for the same discount price on ebay. If you call them up and order they offered me the eBay discount anyway.

WalterWilson, post up your results on the TMC or BLURSPARK for VRS thread, mines going on the rollers soon too. Will be interesting to see what the consistency is like. Could you do a before and after run as mine stock was 176.8bhp.

Intercooler next, so you can have that power all of the time :)

I swear after fitting mine, im guessing it would even benefit from having a bigger one fitted as standard...

I think someone mentioned that he was going to offer his vrs for bluespark to do some more rnd work so in the future they may get up to the tmc mark.

that was me, didnt make it down last weekend.

jason said he would need it for a few hours, thats cool with me though :)

nobody knows the actual power of the bluespark box yet as none of us have had it on the rollers yet.

mine will be on soon.

Who says that it isnt upto tmc mark?. They use an extra sensor that bluespark dont and after talking to them they said its not needed.

agree, i also spoken to him about TMC having twin processors and Bluespark having single.

he said, you can either run 2 slow processors, or 1 fast one, they chose one fast one. same as computers.

that is the only difference other than sensors and the price.

imo, for half the price you can not say anything bad about bluespark.

Edited by matthewl

Intercooler next, so you can have that power all of the time :)

I swear after fitting mine, im guessing it would even benefit from having a bigger one fitted as standard...

Intercooler is top of my most wanted list. There are a few around now which use original mountings, forge,Apr,wagner to name some. The Apr one is too pricey, don't fancy the forge one (no specific reason) so the wagner ic is the one I'm after. After that POSSIBLY a custom intake. With this setup I reckons 220bhp is a reasonable figure to hope for.