Haldex 4 upgrades

Most of them appear to be for the Gen 2 Haldex as it's not so good. (mostly pre-2009)

They are quite common.

It's finding someone local(ish) that does the Gen 4 I'm looking for.

Do you want it 50/50 all the time or something?

No really, I want the programming the Gen4 upgrade gives, like keeping rear drive under braking for stability when pushing hard etc...

It's not so simple as locking 50/50, but I think now it's at 300bhp altering the Haldex would help with corner composure. (Now I've done a little reading up)

No really, I want the programming the Gen4 upgrade gives, like keeping rear drive under braking for stability when pushing hard etc...

It's not so simple as locking 50/50, but I think now it's at 300bhp altering the Haldex would help with corner composure. (Now I've done a little reading up)

APR do it abroad but can't see on their UK site!
  • Like 1

Why would you upgrade?

The new Haldex Performance Controller is a total replacement of the mechanical and electronic controller that directly affects how the RWD portion of the AWD system works and how aggressively it reacts under acceleration, cornering and braking.

The Primary Control Valve Assembly:

This new performance upgrade is a full aluminum assembly with the latest Haldex performance ECU software, and features an upgraded Primary Valve controller.

This upgrade increases torque transmission at acceleration providing consistent performance with increased over-steer. The torque-transmission is influenced by how fast you press the accelerator down. The Haldex system can transmit torque before the engine delivers torque. At greater speeds the torque will decrease enabling less over-steer and safer driving properties.

The advantages of this HPP upgrade are it's ability to predict the onset of torque much like the PreX which is for their newer hardware but even more aggressively. This upgrade takes into account the TPS signal more so than the oem software and therefore can proactively begin applying power to the rwd clutch packs before wheel spin begins. As power is increased, more power lock occurs in the rwd unit until full lock is achieved. To summarize, the new HPP is more aggressive with how it transfers power and does so much more proactively than the oem system. This is ideal for autocross, road racing, and street driving as well as enhancements to poor weather driving.

I have to say the Yeti on Gen4 Haldex certainly sits a lot more composed than the Golf in the corners on an older Haldex. You have seen what my car does in the corners.

Upgrade or controller?     There are quite a few controllers available, I think Dark Hero posted a few links in my Golf thread.

On page 10

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278510-project-vr6t-4-motion-golf-now-with-added-boost/page-10

Can't take credit for that one sorry. Think it was Josh :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

interesting. I'd like to hear from someone who has had one fitted. I miss the feel of a standard 50:50 split.

How good is your swedish? You can find a couple of threads regarding people who has upgraded their haldex, either at "garaget.org", "nordicaudi" and "gtiklubben.se". Haven't seen anyone disapointed about the upgrade. Unfortunality, my Golf ain't 4wd so I can't get it myself. :(