1.2 Tsi Turbo actuator fault

Wonky

My Tsi went in limp mode today, Skoda assist were there in 20 mins and found the fault to be the turbo actuator to be faulty - not moving at all. The EPC and engine lights were both lit up.

Anyone else had this issue?

Still under warranty fortunately and given a Tdi to use too.

Had exactly the same problem with a Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI DSG last year.  Fortunately I was very close to the Seat dealer who diagnosed a faulty turbo actuator which necessitated replacement of the whole turbo assembly under warranty.  It didn't fix the poor (35mpg) fuel consumption however so car traded shortly afterwards for a Fabia TDI which I much prefer with its manual box. 

Got car back today, it has had the whole turbo replaced too. Manual box in this car and MPG measured tank to tank is 49 up until the turbo failure. Had Tdi as loan car and was quite impressed overall. Average mpg on the display was 64 and car had only covered 2600 miles.

49mpg is very good, I wonder if the DSG box affects the consumption.  I remember Autocar ran a 1.2TSI/DSG Yeti for a year and they only got low to mid 30s overall, but I thought the Ibiza would be lighter and do better.  The 105bhp engine was certainly smooth and lively though. 

49mpg is very good, I wonder if the DSG box affects the consumption.  I remember Autocar ran a 1.2TSI/DSG Yeti for a year and they only got low to mid 30s overall, but I thought the Ibiza would be lighter and do better.  The 105bhp engine was certainly smooth and lively though. 

According to the figures the DSG does not affect fuel consumption except that they claim 64.2 mpg for the Fabia 1.2 (105) DSG and 62.8 slightly less for the manual.

I can easily get around 50mpg from my DSG (105) if I stick to legal motorway speeds and whilst I don't tend to check my every day running the car feels very economical with less trips to the petrol station than I had in my little 1.2 (70) HTP.

I too saw that Auto car review and can only think the heavier body of the Yeti accounts for that low consumption.

Hmm, I tried to drive the Ibiza reasonably sympathetically but struggled to do any better than low 40s on the trip computer which was disappointing compared to my previous Fabia 1.9 PD TDI.  I see that Autocar achieved a very reasonable 39.5mpg overall on the Rapid 1.2 TSI 84bhp they tested, much more in line with the figures you have experienced. 

Do you think the 6th gear on the Spaceback accounts for the difference?

Yes I believe so, as the sixth gear does noticeable drop the revs, for example at 2000rpm the Fabia in fifth is at 53mph, whereas the Rapid in sixth is doing 60mph. Obviously makes for a quieter motorway car too.

TP

Got car back today, it has had the whole turbo replaced too. Manual box in this car and MPG measured tank to tank is 49 up until the turbo failure. Had Tdi as loan car and was quite impressed overall. Average mpg on the display was 64 and car had only covered 2600 miles.

any clue as to cost--roughly?