My car will be going up for sale soon :(

matthewl

So guys, the time has come to say goodbye,

my contract has changed AGAIN so it looks like im working over here full time now, instead of my original monthly rotation :/

im just giving anybody the heads up who is looking for a hatch that my car is going to be on the market soon.

due to my plans changing I was originally going to put it up on autotrader and sell it privately as the cheapest VRS on online, but now i think i will be taking the bigger hit and sticking it into one of the webuy companies.

the heads up is mainly because it was a nice really genuine car.

hadn't used a drop of oil in the very short time i had owned it and it had seriously been a pleasure to own!

i had no reliability issues, and had just got 4 high end tyres like 500 miles ago haha :(

i thought this one was a keeper, its a shame.

i will be checking in here regularly and following builds as always though!

I will be putting it in a garage next month in N.E England, so yeah keep a look out for:

Silver and black hatch

reg: SD60XJV

23k miles i think.

its a shame its only been a short ownership, both personally and financially.

spoken to some good people here, i've enjoyed it.

Matthew

• Like 1

Thats a bummer.... on another note, are you selling your mods or leaving them on?

Leaving intercooler, there is no way i would remove the front of the car for a £70 cooler

thinking of taking the induction kit to romania with me as i may be picking up a cheap cooper s and this would be perfect,

so its just the Bluespark box which will be for sale, i keep telling people it will be going cheap, as i got it when it was on offer for £125 not £180 :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Matthewl, how are you, all is good i hope ?

Is the car in the UK still yours, or has it gone.

& any chance you will be in the UK next May when there is a get together at Santa Pod.

It would be good to meet you, & it does not matter if you are Fabia less.

george

Hey George, 

Very weird how i checked in here and there is a post about me :)

Im doing well, im still out in Bucharest, Romania, my contract has drastically changed so im now based out here. good and bad i guess, more money, but less time home.

the car is still in the UK, i was back home in October for 4 days to collect my car from Aberdeen and take it back to Hartlepool for my parents to mind.

what a pleasure it was to drive, i miss it even more now. My mam is currently taking it out once a week to 'blow the cobwebs off it'

I got tired of old dacia taxis so decided to buy myself a car, every car i viewed was hammered, 2010-2012 cars with mismatched panels...

so decided on, of all things, a MK5 Fiesta Zetec S, which is causing me no end of problems with parts and repairs due to age. it is a huge regret.

What date are you guys heading to SP?

im able to come home whenever i wish, it just means no paid leave :)

It would be good to meet everybody i have spoken to on here finally.

Hope all is well with yourself.

Matthew

Matthewl, how are you, all is good i hope ?

Is the car in the UK still yours, or has it gone.

& any chance you will be in the UK next May when there is a get together at Santa Pod.

It would be good to meet you, & it does not matter if you are Fabia less.

george

Edited by matthewl

Great stuff.

Have fun.

See the Pinned post at the top of this page on the Forum.

Saturday May 16th 2015 @ a Santa Pod RWYB day.

Some of us will be near on the Friday - Sunday.

http://santapod.co.uk

Do you still have a Bluespark Box for sale?

george

Ill look into it and update when i find out dates im able to have off.

the box is still on the car, and im stuck out here so cant remove it.

it will be up for sale at some point, just not now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, im coming back to the UK, flights are booked for the 12th.

Job ended, price of oil has drastically dropped.

Glad i kept the fabia now, as i still have a car to use while im back home. Cant wait to drive it again, tired of this rotter of a ford i have out here.

Looking for work globally, so depending on when the santapod thing is, i may actually come :)

Great stuff.

Have fun.

Sorry to hear you are letting go of the Furby. I've enjoyed reading your contributions to the forum. Please stick around though, non Skoda owners are more than welcome! :-)

• Like 1