Citroen C4 Cactus

gadgetman

I like it too, looks different and cool. Only thing I don't like is the rear windows don't wind down.

At least they're trying different things. Look at some of the other brands and they're all just carbon copies of each other.

I would not have a proper Cit as they have nasty gearboxes.

In my experience, Schitroens have nasty everythings. And even nastier electrics.

I like to drive something a bit different (Roomster) - but even I have limits.....

I've seen a couple round Scarborough and despite what some others have said, I don't find them offensive at all.  Mind you, I used to like the original Multipla which was a Marmite car too.  I also like English Bull Terriers so there's a part of my brain that likes ugly/different.

Having said that I wouldn't buy one as they don't go fast enough. :notme:

• Like 1

I haven't seen the interior yet so I might yet change my mind.

I'd rather have a Dacia Duster than the Cactus.  When we were in France over the summer there were loads of them and they really appealed to me as a car you don't really care about, especially in the most basic trim.  They seemed to be withstanding the French quite well and reminded me a bit of the old Lada Niva with their steel wheels & really basic interior.  The Cactus is trying a bit too hard in some ways but fair play to Citroen for trying to be a bit different.

Very weird. Very cheap doors. I pushed the rubber bits in too see what they were like, and the whole door skin flexed, which I didn't expect.

On the other hand, I was in a DS5 the other day, and it was lovely inside. Very nicely built too.

C4 cactus is grill. Saw one in the flesh the other day and it looked great. Modern, different, individual, funky, well thought out., clever and space efficient just like Citroens of old. If I could afford a new car I would be looking at one seriously.

• Like 3

I love the look of this car. At a time when BMW, Audi, VW and Merc are making the same car in different sizes Citroen plops out something like this. All credit to them if it holds together and the electrics weren't wired up by Stevie Wonder. 

I love the look of this car. At a time when BMW, Audi, VW and Merc are making the same car in different sizes Citroen plops out something like this. All credit to them if it holds together and the electrics weren't wired up by Stevie Wonder. 

Citroen have a long tradition of wacky cars; the DS and the CX estate spring to mind but the Cactus is in a totally different league IMO :D

• Like 2

Citroen have a long tradition of wacky cars; the DS and the CX estate spring to mind but the Cactus is in a totally different league IMO :D

Hmm, i'm not so certain this is any more radical than the DS/ CX. Its underpinnings are bound to be PSA vanilla and drive train nothing more adventurous than small four-pots. I suspect however its going to be a hit much like the DS3 which seems to be competently assembled given owner reviews. Its nice to have alternatives to the bland and boring. The only downside I can think of is this meme

Edited by TeflonTom
  • Like 1

Hmm, i'm not so certain this is any more radical than the DS/ CX. Its underpinnings are bound to be PSA vanilla and drive train nothing more adventurous than small four-pots. I suspect however its going to be a hit much like the DS3 which seems to be competently assembled given owner reviews. Its nice to have alternatives to the bland and boring. The only downside I can think of is this meme

It's the C3 underneath, so yes, very standard mechanicals, though it may get the Hybrid-Aid drivetrain as a result.

Edited by TeflonTom