Milltek sports exhaust system vrs estate

Drewmcg1

Hi guys, just bought myself a fabia vrs estate. The cars already marked up with briskoda badges. I'm wanting to get my hands on a full milltek system for the car as I'm slowly going to upgrade brakes, exhaust, fit an induction kit, and air filter. As and when the budget allows. Anyone know where I can get a system for an estate preferebly second hand as an £1,200 right now isn't ideal! Also just fitted a Kenwood DNX521DAB I would highly recommend!

• Like 2

Hi guys, just bought myself a fabia vrs estate. The cars already marked up with briskoda badges. I'm wanting to get my hands on a full milltek system for the car as I'm slowly going to upgrade brakes, exhaust, fit an induction kit, and air filter. As and when the budget allows. Anyone know where I can get a system for an estate preferebly second hand as an £1,200 right now isn't ideal! Also just fitted a Kenwood DNX521DAB I would highly recommend!

I would suggest you try a local exhaust fabricator, bet they can do a custom one much cheaper ;)

some induction kits have shown losses..... the ITG one has consistantly shown gains, but its expensive....

I have yellowstuff pads on standard discs, with ATE blue racing fluid, works really well on track :) 2 days of abuse at nurburgring in sept, showed no issues :)

I would HIGHLEY reccomend the H&R Rear anti roll bar.... transforms the handling, best bang for buck you can buy!

Sadly I think you may be very disappointed on the exhaust front. Last time I looked Milltek don't actually make an exhaust for the estate, only the hatch version of the car :-(

It might be possible to mod/lengthen a hatch exhaust to somehow fit I suppose.

Cheers for that lads. It's a white 12 plate with black pack from DM Keith York. Great car big upgrade from a 1.4L deisel polo. I've sorted the interior with the media system so now on to the exterior. I don't want to up power til after winter as I'm 21 in a 180bhp car I don't need to say anymore! But styling and handling and noise are the top priorities. Anyone know any good fabricators in the north east? I'm in harrogate so you can add 250 quid to any quote if I ask a harrogate garage to do it.

I would suggest you try a local exhaust fabricator, bet they can do a custom one much cheaper ;)

some induction kits have shown losses..... the ITG one has consistantly shown gains, but its expensive....

I have yellowstuff pads on standard discs, with ATE blue racing fluid, works really well on track :) 2 days of abuse at nurburgring in sept, showed no issues :)

I would HIGHLEY reccomend the H&R Rear anti roll bar.... transforms the handling, best bang for buck you can buy!

Not the best at spannering this will be the first car I've played with. Is it just the casing around the supercharger to be removed?

The supercharger baffling can be easily removed to make that part more vocal, if that helps.

Tony Banks in Leeds has recently done me a full catback Stainless T304. Sounds & performs great. You can choose the sound you want & he has about 30+ tailpipes to choose from. Far cheaper than Milltek & has lifetime guarantee.

• Like 1

If you a want bang for buck upgrade on a limited budget then I'd go for a rear anti roll bar. I fit front and rear adjustables from Whiteline and it transformed the car, the only thing that as big of an improvement was the remap.

Leave the things like exhaust and intake until you can exploit them with a remap, just my opinion but I've been threre in my youth throwing money at cars in the wrong order. If all you want is a sporty sound, for now, why not throw a Milltek back box on with a rear ARB and you've got sound with handling ;)

• Like 1

Tony Banks in Leeds has recently done me a full catback Stainless T304. Sounds & performs great. You can choose the sound you want & he has about 30+ tailpipes to choose from. Far cheaper than Milltek & has lifetime guarantee.

Sounds nice! Did you ask what size pipe they used? And did you keep the resonator in the mix or get it removed? Got any pics? Question questions lol

I drive past that place twice a week with work.been there a good few years now.

Sounds nice! Did you ask what size pipe they used? And did you keep the resonator in the mix or get it removed? Got any pics? Question questions lol

70mm T304 pipe. Resonator removed. Total cost £346. Pics here:-

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/Derek_Collier/vrsexhaust1_zpsa596dbc9.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/Derek_Collier/ex2_zpsf3f14226.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/Derek_Collier/ex3_zps5acb93fd.jpg

• Like 2

derekcollier, on 03 Dec 2014 - 17:24, said:snapback.png

I drive past that place twice a week with work.been there a good few years now.

Excellent service. Consulted with me every step of the way. They made sure I knew what I was getting before proceeding. Very pleased with results.

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics Derek. Definitely looks smart. And at a great price! I think you may have found Mr Banks another customer!:)

Here is a YOUTUBE video of my Fabia vRS after fitting a Tony Banks T304 Stainless Steel CATBACK exhaust, & resonator box removed.

http://youtu.be/97OvrLIzHZs

Sounds great doesn't it. Video shot using Nextbase 402 Professional Dashcam with windows shut, so what you hear is inside the cabin. Must be much louder outside.

I reckon my 0-60mph time is 6.7 secs using a GPS timer - don't know how accurate it is though? But I'm happy with the results & I am looking forward to the Santa Pod day in May.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...