Known DSG niggles.

I wanted to know if other people have had any DSG niggles they had come across while driving.

·         A couple  of months back I pulled away from the lights in ‘D’ and when it changed to 3rd the rev counter went up but there was no power.  I managed to pull over switched off and on the ignition and everything was ok.

·         Today rolled up to a roundabout in D2 but then switched to M still in 2 put my foot down and nothing I just rolled into the roundabout.  Hit the up paddle it went to 3rd and I pulled away.

Only a couple of things in 15 months but are these things normal with the DSG box or should I get it seen to?

Edited by pkoconnor

Only Normal on ones that are playing up, and not working as designed,

Brain Farts are OK, but only very very occasionally,  so yours is faulty. (or tell them you consider it as a fault)

Have them do checks and work in Warranty,

*Because the World Wide Recall & Extended Warranty, did not Extend to the EU / UK for some reason.*

Out of this world.

Has it Required the Service Campaign work, and was it done.

DSG Oil Changed from Synthetic to Mineral, and the Software Update,  Both not just the Oil.  Sticker in the Boot.

If done, or not done, they need now to check the Mechatronics Control Unit,

and then maybe replace.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

Some DQ200 DSG need the full McCoy, not just ones in New Zealand.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Only Normal on ones that are playing up, and not working as designed,

Brain Farts are OK, but only very very occasionally,  so yours is faulty. (or tell them you consider it as a fault)

Have them do checks and work in Warranty,

*Because the World Wide Recall & Extended Warranty, did not Extend to the EU / UK for some reason.*

Out of this world.

Has it Required the Service Campaign work, and was it done.

DSG Oil Changed from Synthetic to Mineral, and the Software Update,  Both not just the Oil.  Sticker in the Boot.

If done, or not done, they need now to check the Mechatronics Control Unit,

and then maybe replace.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

Some DQ200 DSG need the full McCoy, not just ones in New Zealand.

Had the VRS since new and as had no work done on DSG box.  Booked in on Thursday as the only day they can get it in and will mention the points above.

Thanks

Edited by pkoconnor
  • Like 1

Did you ever ask them if the Service Campaign Field Work was required on the DSG, & did you not get a Letter from 

DAVID ALLEN

HEAD OF CUSTOMER QUALITY AND NETWORK DEVELOPMENT.

Customer Services 0845 745 745

Skoda UK

Yeomans Drive

Blakelands

Milton Keynes

MK14 5AN 

• Like 1

Was that because you asked them after the Service Campaign started in May 2014,

and they checked your registration number and said not required.?

Your car was a CAVE Engine car but registered late 2012 (Dec) wasn't it. ?

Edited by goneoffSKi

yeah, mine is april 2013 and had it done...

PK: no niggles yet (40k) in this one, I did have ONE instance in 50k in the old one where it went to change up and got nothing..... then I stoppped, turned off and on, and away it went, it never did it again....

Was that because you asked them after the Service Campaign started in May 2014,

and they checked your registration number and said not required.?

Your car was a CAVE Engine car but registered late 2012 (Dec) wasn't it. ?

Yes I asked them in July 2014 when the car was serviced they said it wasn't on the list

It was a Cave registered July 2012

I've had a few issues with mine but nothing repeats regular enough for dealer to witness or belive me. It was brand new Jan 2014 and ive just clocked 10k this week. I have randomly have slip on gear changes where it seems to hold 3000 rpm from one gear to the next like a cvt gearbox, it's stayed in neutral when I selected reverse, when in manual mode its kicked down as though it's in D with heavy throttle but not hitting the kick down switch, when in manual mode the kick down switch is a hair trigger and will kick down without being depressed and lastly it has from time to time switched to manual mode going by the simble on the dash yet leaver is in D mode so I have to flick the leaver across to manual and back to D to wake it up, first time it happened thought I had knocked a paddle to initiate manual override in D but on holding the up shift paddle to revert back to D does nothing. I've no idea if any dsg campaign work was done on it at it's first service at end of January, I have no faith in the dealer, the only issues they are prepared to diagnose are obvious in your face faults so I have kinda taken the bad attitude that it's been mentioned and I've made sure they made a note so I drive it until it stops and then politely remind them of the issues I reported leading up to an obvious problem.