Warranty on replacement engine

Hello,

I am just clearing out some emails at work and came across my response from SKoda Uk ref my engine replacement. I have only just seen it as went straight into my spam folder.

I know I had my engine replaced in September but I have just realized that my car was not given any extended warranty on the replacement engine on the car. Is this correct?

I didn't expect any extended warranty on the rest of the car but I thought the new engine would have.

See response from Skoda UK

What are your thoughts on it.

SKoda%20response_zpstlkw13jr.jpg

That is what they like.

But not actually how it needs to be.

Warranty Parts only covered to the end of the Manufacturers Warranty,

But this is a bit special, since of their neglect, and they give gestures, and Extended Warranties.

If you buy an engine or a Warranty Company do, it has 2 years warranty cover.

Have a look at 

vrskeiths,  Consistent Treatment thread,

I bumped it just a few days ago.

I got 18months warranty. Didnt at first, but when I explained that it didnt give me much confidence in my new engine if they woupdnt warranty it they stuck me 18months on. Excluding all ancillaries.

• Like 2

Just came off the phone with Skoda UK and they have said they wont review it unless I can give them a registration of a vehicle so they can look at their file to see what treatment they got.

What do you mean, you do not want to give your details,. or just that the previous owner made the deal.?

Were you talking with a Customer Services Employee on the Phones, 

or an actual Customer Services Manager?

Put any requests or enquiries in Writing and ask for replies in writing.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I gave them my details as it was me that reported the issue but they say they want to know another faulty car which had an engine replaced so they can compare another customers experience and what was given to them i.e extended warranties etc. The woman I spoke to was Natalie Nisbeth.

I have requested all correspondence in writing to me.

She maybe needs to talk with John Good, Tom Chadwick, Dan Wilson or some of the others that are dealing quite a lot with the same Engine Failure in quite a few Mk2 Fabia vRS.

You can not blame them for trying to pretend that it is such an infrequent event, 

but then they only can try that for so long.

Many vRS owners who have had replacement engines have managed to get extended warranties from SUK, but only after asking (via email or letter is best). Otherwise nothing will be given beyond the normal 3 year warranty. I initially got a one year non-transferable warranty on the car following the new engine but this was upgraded to a 2 year transferable extended warranty after I suffered the inconvenience of further problems with the car. Again I had to write a strongly worded email. Use phrases such as "I have lost confidence in the car" and "lost faith in the brand".

Edited by Big Sheep
  • Like 2

i was told by skoda uk on the phone and by the garage that the engine no matter when changed is only covered up until the original warranty runs out, the garage that did the engine replacement cover now this is the important bit (THEIR WORKMANSHIP) for an extra amount of time i think its a year don't quote me on it so if the engine fails as a result of dodgy workmanship the garage will sort it out 

Thomas,

they might tell you that on the phone, maybe even in writing, but then the people that have had Skoda UK reach agreements and do deals,

extend warranties beyond the Expiring Manufacturers Warranty know rather different.

So you put your case to Skoda UK in Writing and get the replies in Writing, not just from someone on the phone,

because as we know some of them know Jack sh!,t. 

They tell you what they get training in to tell you.

Did your engine for certain get new Oil Jets fitted before being scrapped and then replaced.?

Is the new engine behaving its self, new sensor fitted, & is the DSG now also working as it should be?

The Garage should be responsible, and is for work carried out, 

but they are acting as an agent on behalf of Skoda UK, should be Qualified & Competent, 

but not all have proved to be so, and hence cars have required a replacement of a replacement over the past 4 years.

Edited by goneoffSKi

i was told by skoda uk on the phone and by the garage that the engine no matter when changed is only covered up until the original warranty runs out, the garage that did the engine replacement cover now this is the important bit (THEIR WORKMANSHIP) for an extra amount of time i think its a year don't quote me on it so if the engine fails as a result of dodgy workmanship the garage will sort it out 

Don't accept what they tell you. I was told much the same at first. Read my comments above and get writing! Those that don't ask don't get.