Fab vRS rear strut brace?

Shifty

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have been in touch with the suppliers for these.

They are going to send me some pics so that I can show you what you would be looking at.

Please you MUST see these as these look really good.

Removable ' date=' the works.

Quite a good price too ;)

Sarah[/quote']

How much Sarah?

A member on her Carjacked Mike made a prototype one for me to try last year. It fitted in some holes just behind the seat. Looked like it was part of the struture for the suspension points. Had it on for almost a year. Recently took it off and can't say I noticed any difference. But this was just a prototype and not made by any of the big names. I know Wiecher sport do one, sure andy ellis has one fitted to his PD100. This envoles drilling some holes and bolting it straight to damper mounting points.

rear brace l

Hi

Right I have had a chat with this company and they seem really helpfull.

The rear strut brace is fitted in the boot of the car and is bolted down on the top of the rear shockers.

There is a bar that goes between the mounting points.

This is removable via a couple of butterfly looking bolts so no tools are required to remove if you get caught out with too much shopping.

More details to come tommorrow.

Approx costs of these about

Will you be able to post some pic's of the product.

Pritty Please!!!!!

I too am looking forward to seeing pics of this product. :thumbup:

Who is the manufacturer? And I trust its a DIY fit?

Is there any issues with stiffening up the back end at all? Is there any real benefit in it?

Sarah

Judging by the email I got from your unedited post above you linked to the picture on your local machine.

H:\Documents and Settings\Office\My Documents\My Pictures\strut.bmp

Not trying to teach you to suck the preverbial eggs but it needs to be uploaded to the brisky server as an attachment or to some web space.

If you want I can put it up on mine for you - email me the picture to [email protected]

Sorry to all for the delay I was away from my puter when Sarah sent the picture.

strut.bmp

Is this not Robdon's leon cupra tuned by starperformance?

If so I'm sure it was made by carjacked mike (the one I have).

http://www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44129&highlight=rear+strut+brace

Sorry to all for the delay I was away from my puter when Sarah sent the picture.

strut.bmp

Looks Good.

For a minute i thought it was RobDon's car' date=' looks quite similar, but his is a cut and drill number

See Robs site Here> [url']http://www.20v-turbo.co.uk/images/mods3/brace01s.jpg[/url]

I will probably have one from you too Sarah :thumbup:

Yahoooo

That thing has caused me a real headache to load on.

Still didnt get there :(

Thank you

But hey dont it look good?

I dont know what the lead time will be for these or the final price will be ' date=' but at leaset you know what I am on about.

Sarah[/quote']

Sarah I'm confussed.

The one shown on the picture is for the leon made by a guy called Mike who works close to me. He made a prototype last year which I currenty have. (mike if your reading do you need it back? as i've currently taken it off) Are you buying them straight from him?

Rear brace

Yes that's my car, please ask before using my images!

The upper brace in mine was designed specifically for the Leon, but does not require any drilling to fit, if the same or similar holes are there then I'm sure Mike could make the mounting plates up to fit the Fabia.

I did alot of testing for Mike including on the track and these definately work. The main bar is made or aircraft-grade stainless steel and can be removed without tools leaving the plates in-situ.

I wrote an installation guide for it here: http://www.20v-turbo.co.uk/leonbrace.html

Mike has made braces for SEAT, MG, etc. and I know he did a proto for the Fabia (as mentioned above), these braces are Mike's work, not JBS, so just email Mike direct and buy them from him: [email protected]

The upper brace in mine was designed specifically for the Leon, but does not require any drilling to fit, if the same or similar holes are there then I'm sure Mike could make the mounting plates up to fit the Fabia.

That is a very nice bit of kit. It has to be the better solution to avoid drilling into the wheel arch and the ensuing water leaks.